Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

Telling me you couldn't find better at VFL level?

Has levelled out. 11 touches, half a goal.

Must do better.

Reactions: 2 users
Given how poor we have been in the middle, the paucity and quality of i50 entries playing in our F50 is a hard task at the moment.

Other than key forward, the small forward is is the hardest position on the ground for the tigers ATM. Mansell at least has a crack and is a team first operator. Not sure any other candidate would be doing better.

Reactions: 9 users
Telling me you couldn't find better at VFL level?

Has levelled out. 11 touches, half a goal.

Must do better.
Yep, 4th season in the AFL, after 1 season in the sanfl, 24 next month, 38 games under the belt. Lift!

Given how poor we have been in the middle, the paucity and quality of i50 entries playing in our F50 is a hard task at the moment.

Other than key forward, the small forward is is the hardest position on the ground for the tigers ATM. Mansell at least has a crack and is a team first operator. Not sure any other candidate would be doing better.
My view is that Coulthard comes in for Campbell and plays the high half forward role, moving up to the wing, which is the role he has been playing in the VFL. Balta and Ryan come in for Naismith and Mansell and Lefau replaces Mansell giving us a bigger forward line with more marking options. Potentially Lefau can get a size mismatch as he is pretty mobile.
Moju, Bolton, Dusty, Sonsie rotate through the other 2 forward roles.
But 100% agree on the F50 entries. We could have had Royce Hart up there in the 1st half yesterday and it would not have helped much because we only had 13 entries for the half and not many of them were of high quality

Reactions: 1 users
I think with his run and lovely foot skills Coulthard would make a good link player.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't see what good this guy gives. Don't forget he was also Dimma's pet in a way. Why and how? He has defensive efforts but where are the goals???

• Dislike

We’ll never find out if anyone else is better if we don’t give Coulthard or Cumbo a go
Its not like we’re winning games and shouldn’t change winning formula
Mansell is a battler there to chase arses all day and kick a goal every 4 games not good enough for a HF
He should be playing as a back man or VFL

Last edited:
Keeps getting games not performing. Rotate the squad him and Campbell our smalls both out of form. Match committee needs to wakeup up

I can't see what good this guy gives. Don't forget he was also Dimma's pet in a way. Why and how? He has defensive efforts but where are the goals???
I think because Dimma had success turning Jake King into a small forward that he could make lightning strike twice. Tried it with Morro, and then Mansell. I really don’t know why he’s being persisted with. He’s a VFL player.

I think because Dimma had success turning Jake King into a small forward that he could make lightning strike twice. Tried it with Morro, and then Mansell. I really don’t know why he’s being persisted with. He’s a VFL player.
Looks like it. If he's supposed to be like George, he's nowhere near it.

We do really miss George when he was at his best.
George cooked himself physically and mentally in that role.

Dan Rioli was nearly done physically and mentally as well.

The Tigers game plan for success over 4 years really took a high physical toll on our players especially the key runners and chasers who made it happen.

George, Rioli, Lambert, Graham, Prestia, Edwards, Houli and Cotchin all were pretty much cooked by the end of 2021.

Hardwicks repurposing of Rioli probably saved his career as he was struggling prior.

Kicked his first goal for four weeks making it four for the year !!!!!!!.
Has done very little else to make up for the lack of goals. Is very much a battler who has a dip. We seem to have a lot of patience for those types.

Seth Campbell has not kicked a goal for six weeks now and only kicked three for the year:rolleyes:. Hes had a great block of games but its time for him and Mansell (who are both part of a serious problem) to be dropped to find some form.

The other small forward MRJ has kicked just 6 goals all year, his continual fumbling is actually doing my head in. He could easily be described as your proverbial glass half full. He also is adding to our goal kicking woes. I suppose we have to have at least one token pressure fwd.

Bolton, Coulthard and Cumberland should be playing the small forward role for the next three or four weeks imo.
Play with some decent structure by playing Kossie Lefau and Ryan as a ruck forward.
If Balta is fit then he would obviously be an option instead of Ryan or Kossie..

My view is that Coulthard comes in for Campbell and plays the high half forward role, moving up to the wing, which is the role he has been playing in the VFL. Balta and Ryan come in for Naismith and Mansell and Lefau replaces Mansell giving us a bigger forward line with more marking options. Potentially Lefau can get a size mismatch as he is pretty mobile.
But 100% agree on the F50 entries. We could have had Royce Hart up there in the 1st half yesterday and it would not have helped much because we only had 13 entries for the half and not many of them were of high quality
Yeah would be happy with that. Lefau is staying in the team so does not replace anyone. Just replace Campbell with Coulthard and Mansell with Cumberland.

• Love
Kicked his first goal for four weeks making it four for the year !!!!!!!.
Has done very little else to make up for the lack of goals. Is very much a battler who has a dip. We seem to have a lot of patience for those types.

Seth Campbell has not kicked a goal for six weeks now and only kicked three for the year:rolleyes:. Hes had a great block of games but its time for him and Mansell (who are both part of a serious problem) to be dropped to find some form.

The other small forward MRJ has kicked just 6 goals all year, his continual fumbling is actually doing my head in. He could easily be described as your proverbial glass half full. He also is adding to our goal kicking woes. I suppose we have to have at least one token pressure fwd.

Bolton, Coulthard and Cumberland should be playing the small forward role for the next three or four weeks imo.
Play with some decent structure by playing Kossie Lefau and Ryan as a ruck forward.
If Balta is fit then he would obviously be an option instead of Ryan or Kossie..

Yeah would be happy with that. Lefau is staying in the team so does not replace anyone. Just replace Campbell with Coulthard and Mansell with Cumberland.
Cumberland has now gone from horrible to passable in the VFL.
Not ready to be picked yet imo

What any sort of selection policy pretence went straight out the window weeks ago. The latest one bringing Jayden shortsteps straight back into the team after the year he has had.

Any way,do we just keep doing the same old thing over and over and keep playing Mansell hoping it will change? Or do we do something, anything in an attempt to find better.

Time for the latter imo.

I quite like your thinking.

Don't mind Mansell. Still think he can be a decent player.

Probably time to go back and dominate VFL. Which he will.

Will add one thing. Small forward, either high or closer to goal in our team ATM is the hardest position in football to impact games.

Only 38 inside 50's on the weekend and smashed at clearances 16-36.

Makes it incredibly difficult to have quality fast ball coming in and also not be outnumbered against defenders. Makes it very hard for the smalls and mediums to get to work.

Reckon Coulthard is worth a run of games. Possibly Cumbo getting close as well.

Reactions: 7 users
The Cummerbund had seven shots at goal playing as a medium sized forward. Would have been way more than a passable game if he'd converted at 50% instead of 15% of shots. Bloody flaky kicking cruelled his impact on the game.