Richmond 2017 AFL Premiers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond 2017 AFL Premiers

Happy anniversary one and all. This year hurt, but I have paused on several occasions over the last week to remember the whole build up around Tigerland, and of course the celebrations afterwards.

I'd say I spoke to strangers like they were old friends, but I don't consider fellow Tigers strangers any more.

Eat 'em alive!

Now that a year has passed and the dust has settled somewhat ... has anyone noticed any ridiculous ways in which the flag has changed your life?

Example ... one of the many items of memorabilia I bought was a commemorative coffee mug even though I was never much of a coffee drinker.
But I am now!

23.21.159 said:
Now that a year has passed and the dust has settled somewhat ... has anyone noticed any ridiculous ways in which the flag has changed your life?

Example ... one of the many items of memorabilia I bought was a commemorative coffee mug even though I was never much of a coffee drinker.
But I am now!

Richmond no longer dominates my life the way it once did. The need to win a Grand Final became all consuming and there was nothing else I wanted as badly as that.

But now it's time to concentrate on other things in life. Richmond will always be a part of it, but it won't have control over my emotions that it once did.

23.21.159 said:

But I am now!

After being the subject of pity for so long people now seem to actively dislike me. (Although they probably always did)

Baloo said:
Richmond no longer dominates my life the way it once did. The need to win a Grand Final became all consuming and there was nothing else I wanted as badly as that.

But now it's time to concentrate on other things in life. Richmond will always be a part of it, but it won't have control over my emotions that it once did.

I hear you Bear.

I doubt I was as completely consumed by the Tiges as you, but I look at the 2017 win with great joy.

I did get my first (and probably only) tat to commemorate the win. Justifiable after 37 years I reckon.

;D

Baloo said:

This is me too now.
Thank you RFC.

B1

I enjoyed my open path of cockiness in front of opposition supporters for the last 12 months, especially Scumwood fans who just couldn't take it as they kept reminding me they will be better than us. This was my fear when noticing Figgy copy every bit of our blueprint. Yeah, we dropped the bundle in the PF to them, but fact remains we won a flag and they didn't.

Bring on 2019, coz I'll be re-energising myself for a 2nd round bout with that moronic lot again....

Baloo said:

Well said. Thank f*** for that. Something I literally had no control over ruled my emotions too much. 2017 has relieved that burden.... at least for the time being!

JimJessTorp said:
I hear you Bear.

I doubt I was as completely consumed by the Tiges as you, but I look at the 2017 win with great joy.

I did get my first (and probably only) tat to commemorate the win. Justifiable after 37 years I reckon.

;D
Exactly the same with me, right down to getting the tatt.

For years I felt like the joker. Providing laughs and being the butt of jokes to the rest of the AFL kingdom.
Then, out of nowhere, I became the King, walking and talking with a royal air of predestination and entitlement.
Now back to feeling like the Crowned Prince waiting to reinherent the throne.
Off with their heads.

Baloo said:

Interesting perspective Baloo - and there's no right or wrong about this.
But having just finished a most amazing (almost) 12 months as reigning premier I felt bad about letting this one slip by. It was a definite sense of loss.
Thank god we got the one we did - and thank him/her/it doubly for the way Collingwood fluffed this one. Otherwise I'd be a shattered man.
But I'm fully consumed with grabbing another.

RoarEmotion said:
Something I literally had no control over ruled my emotions too much.

This and what Baloo said is exactly how I've felt too... a joyous relief I got to see a premiership.

It was good to enjoy a off season of being called the best.
Everything was referred back to us, from the kids drafted which Richmond player do they play like, to our game style,
To who could match Richmond on the MCG.
It was just great to hear that we were the best

Think The moons have realigned and we will be back to being average again.
B2b would have been a dream come true.

Baloo said:

No way I want more premierships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want that "being a king" feeling back. Walking tall. My mates having no answer to my boasts.

TigerPort said:
No way I want more premierships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want that "being a king" feeling back. Walking tall. My mates having no answer to my boasts.

Not sure how you got no more premierships from what I said.

Baloo said:
Not sure how you got no more premierships from what I said.

I didn't.

You just said Richmond does not dominate your life since the premiership.

I am just saying it still does for me.

Fully expect all Richmond supporters to be dreaming of the next premiership

Baloo joins 2005 33,000 posts
Tigerport joins 2006 800 posts, half of them in 2017 and 2018