The final eight next season | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The final eight next season

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Who misses the eight next season, the Saints probably, maybe the Swans too.

Who makes the eight. The Dogs are on the slide, the Crows are improving, maybe. Age has caught up with the Scats, the Bombers, haha, hihi. Freo, doubt it. The Suns, I don't rate their coach:)

In Tiges and the Crows.

Out, Saints and the Swans.

CARN THE TIGES !!!!

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Tom Lynch plays
Top 4 Richmond
It’s that simple

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Final 8 2024:

1. GWS
2. Richmond
3. Carlton
4. Sydney
5. Melbourne
6. Brisbane
7. Port
8. Gold Coast

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I can’t see Richmond in the 8 next year.

in no particular order:

collingwood
brisbane
melbourne
port
gws
sydney
suns
Essendon :cool:

im guessing there’s a trend that champion data or swamp thing could identify that shows that for eg 3 sides drop out each year (and what positions they held on the ladder) and 3 come in (and again, roughly what positions they held on the ladder, eg they mostly come from positions 9-12)

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
1. GWS
2. Brisbane
3. Carlton
4. Port
5. Sydney
6. Collingwood
7. Adelaide
8. Gold Coast
I think this is about right. Two Victorian clubs. Demons might replace GC.
Tigers in trouble at the moment but it can change quickly. Our lack of current A graders is dire. Our list is composed of ageing champs and flawed next gen replacements.
Work to do.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Be interesting to compare these in March when submissions to Mainlandy’s competition are made.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
RFC will make the 8 in a canter ... the rest? who gives a toss ...

Reactions: 1 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
It would be nice to win the flag next year with a rookie coach.Would upset Scott a little as that is what he did.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
It would be nice to win the flag next year with a rookie coach.Would upset Scott a little as that is what he did.
Would upset Copying richmondwood even more.

They are lining up a threepeat as we speak.

• Haha

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Lets see what we can draft one way or another and how the players gel with the new coach and system before pumping our tyres for 2024. Still reckon next year will be a transition year and make necessary list changes to take a punt at being contenders the following season

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Lets see what we can draft one way or another and how the players gel with the new coach and system before pumping our tyres for 2024. Still reckon next year will be a transition year and make necessary list changes to take a punt at being contenders the following season

Might take a little longer, maybe 2 to 3 years out, but I agree with the sentiment.

DS

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I don't think we're gonna make the 8 next season. However, Collingwood finished 17th 2 years ago. So, you can turn it around quickly if you still have a core group... which we do.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I don't think we're gonna make the 8 next season. However, Collingwood finished 17th 2 years ago. So, you can turn it around quickly if you still have a core group... which we do.
Similar to us in 2016, Collingwood’s 2021 was an outlier. Prior to that year they’d made a GF, Prelim and a Semi-final in the seasons prior. 2022 and beyond look like a return to normal programming for this Collingwood side.

Our issue is more that 2023 is the new norm and not an outlier. Remember our last three years we’ve finished 12th, 7th and 13th. The trend is in and it’s pointing down. We also don’t have the good fortune of being able to bring a Nick Daicos level talent into our side next year.

It’s going to get worse before it gets better.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Similar to us in 2016, Collingwood’s 2021 was an outlier. Prior to that year they’d made a GF, Prelim and a Semi-final in the seasons prior. 2022 and beyond look like a return to normal programming for this Collingwood side.

Our issue is more that 2023 is the new norm and not an outlier. Remember our last three years we’ve finished 12th, 7th and 13th. The trend is in and it’s pointing down. We also don’t have the good fortune of being able to bring a Nick Daicos level talent into our side next year.

It’s going to get worse before it gets better.
The Daicos boys along with Pendles and Sidebottom's fountain of youth. A bit like Geelong the year before.

It looks as if we are still believing our oldies can go again. I'm not so sure, although I totally understand the sentimental wrench to keep the faith in our champs.

My issue is that 2023 was supposed to be our last-ditch effort to grab another flag, but judging by our approach to trade week, we don't seem to be letting go of that dream.

Objectively speaking, the coach bailed, we lost two superstars, and there is ample evidence that our older bit players and our new-gen players are not as good as we thought. It is very doubtful that Grimesy, Dion, Tommy, Dusty and Nank can carry the load. More testimonial years?

The club is in a real bind. We want to be loyal to our faithful servants, but meanwhile we watch other sides clearly going past our current list. Many teams are playing lightning-fast sides that can kick with precision. That is not us.

At least it's a great opportunity for the "play the kids" adherents to see what happens...

Reactions: 2 users