Richmond 2017 AFL Premiers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond 2017 AFL Premiers

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Baloo said:
Richmond no longer dominates my life the way it once did. The need to win a Grand Final became all consuming and there was nothing else I wanted as badly as that.

I've been sorta the opposite. Richmond has dominated my life more. which is a huge surprise to me given that I always thought my interest would wane significantly after finally witnessing us winning the cup. I'm guessing its because its made me hungrier to see another one.

I think the other satisfying thing is that while we didn't win the flag, we proved in 2018 that 2017 was no fluke. And we will be around the mark for a few more years to come.

Dont Argue said:
You're lucky. My 15 son was at the game with a bunch of mates for a birthday and one of the boys wearing a Victory top was called a F#ing loser C##t by a drunk City supporter who apparently was a middle aged man with his own sons in tow. Wouldn't happen at an AFL match and know what I would have done if I was there. The supporters are why I don't follow the sport.

???

whatever drugs you're on, please share with me. with all the crowd issues that have come to light in recent years at footy games (with the help of technology), its a bit hypocritical of footy fans to criticise the behaviour of ALeague fans.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Anyone able to hack into the Hun? https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/gary-buckenara-analyses-richmonds-list-after-the-2018-season/news-story/d3c09de331cc64780253cf25ac09d135

c128a00adaa143676192e895b1cd2239

BUCKENARA: WHY TIGERS ARE 2019 FLAG FAVOURITES
GARY BUCKENARA RICHMOND found out this year how hard it is to win back-to-back premierships and 2018 will go down as an opportunity lost. But expect them to be playing deep in September next year with new star Tom Lynch. Gary Buckenara analyses the Tigers’ list.

2h

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Ian4 said:
whatever drugs you're on, please share with me. with all the crowd issues that have come to light in recent years at footy games (with the help of technology), its a bit hypocritical of footy fans to criticise the behaviour of ALeague fans.

What AFL crowd issues are you alluding to? Hundred of thousands of supporters watching AFL live every weekend with virtually no real issues to talk about.
I've never been exposed in any shape or form to the vile abuse my mates 15 yr old had to be confronted with because he wore an opposition jumper.
Soccer supporters are another level. I used to follow the sport but can't be bothered with the bulls#it that goes on with their crowds.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Dont Argue said:
What AFL crowd issues are you alluding to? Hundred of thousands of supporters watching AFL live every weekend with virtually no real issues to talk about.
I've never been exposed in any shape or form to the vile abuse my mates 15 yr old had to be confronted with because he wore an opposition jumper.
Soccer supporters are another level. I used to follow the sport but can't be bothered with the bulls#it that goes on with their crowds.

I wish I had your life and the oblivious bliss your ignorance brings. are you telling me you have never seen feral drunk supporter give it to kids at footy games?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Ian4 said:
I wish I had your life and the oblivious bliss your ignorance brings. are you telling me you have never seen feral drunk supporter give it to kids at footy games?

Correct.
And if having an opinion makes me ignorant then maybe your'e an imbecile who should refrain from personal insults.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
TigerForce said:
Anyone able to hack into the Hun? https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/gary-buckenara-analyses-richmonds-list-after-the-2018-season/news-story/d3c09de331cc64780253cf25ac09d135

c128a00adaa143676192e895b1cd2239

BUCKENARA: WHY TIGERS ARE 2019 FLAG FAVOURITES
GARY BUCKENARA RICHMOND found out this year how hard it is to win back-to-back premierships and 2018 will go down as an opportunity lost. But expect them to be playing deep in September next year with new star Tom Lynch. Gary Buckenara analyses the Tigers’ list.

2h
Reckon Bucky's been reading us again. Nothing in his article that we haven't already analysed to death. Reckons we'll tweak our game a tad to suit the two key forwards. We need some ruck support for Nank. Bobble needs to pull the finger out. Oh and we're also in with a big flag chance again in 2019 after fluffing our chance to go back to back this year. Etc. Etc. Etc.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
TigerMasochist said:
Reckon Bucky's been reading us again. Nothing in his article that we haven't already analysed to death. Reckons we'll tweak our game a tad to suit the two key forwards. We need some ruck support for Nank. Bobble needs to pull the finger out. Oh and we're also in with a big flag chance again in 2019 after fluffing our chance to go back to back this year. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Thanks Maso, as long as we're still rated the best, let it be known.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Dont Argue said:
Correct.
And if having an opinion makes me ignorant then maybe your'e an imbecile who should refrain from personal insults.

I'll give you Scumwood middle age males ferals turning around and making sexually suggestive gestures with their tongues directed at teenage girls. That's a fact.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
King Kong said:
https://youtu.be/PujvS_v3t-Q

This is brilliant and deserves sharing

Just keep upping the ante on this deluded lot.....coz there's more to come next season. :hihi

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
King Kong said:
https://youtu.be/PujvS_v3t-Q

This is brilliant and deserves sharing

Only saw this now but yeah it is an absolute ripper.
Thanks for the tip - and we'll done Salty!