GRIGG to Geelong | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GRIGG to Geelong

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Not happy that Grigg has gone to Geelong and according to the HS today is giving up all our success secrets to them.

If he was at another interstate team I would not care that much but of all teams he had to go to the cattery.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Not happy that Grigg has gone to Geelong and according to the HS today is giving up all our success secrets to them.

If he was at another interstate team I would not care that much but of all teams he had to go to the cattery.

Even if he was doing that Chris Scott is too arrogant to implement them.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Grigg had 17 clubs to choice from and he went there, im not happy.
But to "implement" our style, firstly you need each and every player to buy into it.
Half of geelongs midfield dont chase.
The foward line is slower then ours.
They just dont have the talent.
Maybe Grigg should show them Clips of us when we have slapped them.
If Knighter cant help Scott, Grigg has No chance.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
I’ve read here and there that Geelong are quite a serious bunch.

I believe their mad Monday shenanigans are an attempt to alleviate this, albeit in a token and unconvincing fashion.

I doubt grigg is there purely for tactics; like Ellis at Gold Coast, some insider knowledge on what drives an elite culture goes a long way.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

I don't like it either. Same as Knighta still being there. Doubt he'd leak everything out, I reckon it's Pricky and his goons that will force it out of him.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Richmond will just continue evolving its culture, hopefully staying ahead of the field.
Culture is not something you can buy down at the local shop (unless you're purchasing yoghurt), so most teams are already a few steps behind RFC when it comes to entrenching standards/attitudes/principles all players, coaches and staff are not only willing to not buy into but implement.
Any Richmonmd IP or intel that Grigg passes onto Salty Scott is yesterday's version (plus, it just shows how desperate Geelong is ... can't develop its own elite standards and cultures and has to hook them from other clubs).
2020 will see further development in the "Richmond Man" ethos that can't be copied by other teams.

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Even if he was doing that Chris Scott is too arrogant to implement them.

No doubt grigg would be, this is how you can stop Richmond.
Scott, why? They need to stop us.

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

Gotta have the cattle & culture to have what we do, it can't be manufactured.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007

It isn't going to matter too much

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Remember guys, it took several years to get the players and a severely hard look at the coach (by himself) to open up to changing things.
It can't change overnight, unless everyone in key positions off the field buy-in. I doubt that's going to happen in an off-season.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah. Can see Salty opening up and bearing his soul to his players, with Dangerfield doing the same.

Can also see Salty not getting shitty at mistakes but rather encouraging his players to keep trying.

We better watch out

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yeah. Can see Salty opening up and bearing his soul to his players, with Dangerfield doing the same.

Can also see Salty not getting shitty at mistakes but rather encouraging his players to keep trying.

We better watch out
He doesn't care about ethics, he just wants to get the 11 secret herbs & spices.

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
It would take a monumental change it attitude from Scott, Ablett, Dangerfield, Selwood, Hawkins etc to do what we did. I’m convinced those personalities would never do that in a million years. It’ll be the next generation that might, so it’s several years down the track yet, if ever.

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
Further, IMO the cats are one of the teams that could most do with a culture shift, and are the least likely to implement one. In that sense, Gregg to the cats is probably the best outcome for us from an ip perspective.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Going by the Grigga leaks, it was good to hear Butts state on Ch 7 news today that "Ratts has been asking but I don't want to drag everything to make St Kilda Richmond".

Desperado coaches can't get our 11 herbs and spices.