Richmond v Box Hill Scratch match | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Box Hill Scratch match

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
For those that watched, would you go Cumberland or Castagna in the forwards?
Depends. If you want defensive effort, go George. You want goal scoring potential, you go Cumberland.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Brown is obviously on the fast track up the pecking order and will rise through the rankings as he is a quality prospect.

I think the club sees his progression and development as a priority.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
For those that watched, would you go Cumberland or Castagna in the forwards?
I'm a George semi-fan he won't be loosing his spot to Cumberland any time soon even though Noah was great today.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
As someone at the other end of the axis, why not?
Because George is a triple premiership player has had another good pre-season has the aerobic capacity to run up and down the ground even if it can be chaotic. He is a good mark for his size and kicks goals as well as misses them.
Cumberland has had two good games that i have seen, he also is a good mark and can tackle hard but he can be a bit undisciplined. I reckon his kicking can also be hit and miss similar to George and doesn't have the aerobic capacity yet to get up the ground.
It is George's spot to lose and I don't think he does.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I have edited my initial post Caddy deserved to be in my top 5 today but no longer the AFL side IMO.

bpchia

Tiger Cub
May 1, 2016
Because George is a triple premiership player has had another good pre-season has the aerobic capacity to run up and down the ground even if it can be chaotic. He is a good mark for his size and kicks goals as well as misses them.
Cumberland has had two good games that i have seen, he also is a good mark and can tackle hard but be can be a bit undisciplined. I reckon his kicking can also be hit and miss similar to George and doesn't have the aerobic capacity yet to get up the ground.
It is George's to lose and I don't think he does.
Great assessment…at match committee I don’t think George is one of the ones they are discussing if he keeps his spot…he had a bad patch last year and got dropped what was it for 1 week?

Reactions: 1 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
We do seem to have some solid depth that we will no doubt need over the season... Pickett, Sonsie, Stack, RCD, Dow, Cumberland, Parker are more than capable of filling out the bottom six of our first 22.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I was there and saw whole game, my best in order:

1) Sonz
2) 100% Effort by Syd today
3) Cumberland
4) Parker
5) Dow

**Edit: Caddy deserves to be in my top 5 today but no longer the AFL side IMO.

VFL player number 14 is a ripper.
Great Work Caesar ....Hail

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Caesar how far off do out think Sonsie is from an AFL debut?
First match I have seen Sonsie play so too early for me to really say after one low level VFL practice match, he is further advanced than I thought considering his delayed preparation.
He get's to the right spots, he was continually in chains of play, but I still think they will want more miles in his legs before being considered?
**However : Balmey apparently said Sonsie could be in the frame before the weekend so his performance yesterday would have done him no harm.

Reactions: 9 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Miller was a little disappointing for mine, Dow started a bit slowly but worked into the game and was my 5th best, Riley was reasonably quiet.
These 3 need to step up this year for us to go places.

Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
As someone at the other end of the axis, why not?

George is flying this pre-season.

A three-time premiership footballer who is only 25 years old that is an absolute lock to start.

Reactions: 3 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I’ve been a bit out of the loop lately ,

Why was stack in the 2s ?