Richmond v Westcoast cancelled???? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Westcoast cancelled????

Yeah, this was the concern - the initial signals around going into hubs a few months ago was a worry. These guys have done it all and don't seem to have the appetite for the hassle of this season. I'm pissed off, but at the same time it's understandable. I know plenty here are finding it hard to get into the season and I'd say it's largely the same - as much as I personally think this season should be considered legit and there for the taking, I can understand the lack of excitement.

I do/did hope that a win or two and a gradual return to a more normal season might see us get or mojo back, but I can see how hubs right now would be pretty uninspiring for Cotchin and Jack, who have just had babies.

That said, they wouldn't want to expect to get paid if they don't go. Us punters who are still slogging for our paychecks aren't giving money to the club (for little/nothing in return) to fund the staycations of millionaires.

Reactions: 2 users
If we played wc and we did beat them.
There chances of winning it this year would've been next to none.
We got screwed again

Hubs in WA?

Who knows what will happen, the spike in Vic may be the first and spikes might appear in other states.

What if they plan a hub in SA and suddenly the cases spike there and all the players are stuck?

I understand that the season should go on while it can but there has to be a lot of trepidation about this and the AFL will be trying to get as many rounds in, with as few games missed as they can, because it is all very uncertain. Planning this is a nightmare.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Conveniently now we miss playing them in QLD at neutral venue and then will no doubt be sent over there to play them when they are up and running with 8-9 straight home games with crowds probably allowed over there by then.

Season is shaping up to favor an all Interstate GF

Last edited:
AFL is currently the little boy with his fingers in the dyke.

Reckon he's got not too many fingers left to plug the wall before the levee breaks.

Reactions: 5 users
AFL is currently the little boy with his fingers in the dyke.

Reckon he's got not too many fingers left to plug the wall before the levee breaks.

Exactly.
Queensland shut
S.A. shut
WA will shut to keep us out.
His only options is Tassie and NT.
I would rather stay home if i was a player.

Just on WC.
It was fine for the Media to go after Pickett as a 'one game wonder,'
Whats Kelly's excuse? Wc sold the farm to get him and what has he delivered? bugger all.
Why aren't they going after him?
I've always have my reservations on kelly.

Just on Wc.
What happened to Wc "Will be unstoppable" with NitNat back and now the inconclusion of Kelly?
Healy jumps ship quickly, he is off WC and NitNat and on the bandwagon of Port & Dixon.
What a forward 11 goals in 4 games..I've never seen that before.
Whoa weee

Just on Wc.
What happened to Wc "Will be unstoppable" with NitNat back and now the inconclusion of Kelly?
Healy jumps ship quickly, he is off WC and NitNat and on the bandwagon of Port & Dixon.
What a forward 11 goals in 4 games..I've never seen that before.
Whoa weee

Castagna is only 5 behind :rotfl1

Just on WC.
It was fine for the Media to go after Pickett as a 'one game wonder,'
Whats Kelly's excuse? Wc sold the farm to get him and what has he delivered? bugger all.
Why aren't they going after him?
I've always have my reservations on kelly.
He’s become invisible. Has he even played for them yet? Made absolutely no impact whatsoever.

He’s become invisible. Has he even played for them yet? Made absolutely no impact whatsoever.

Duggan has been better and that's not saying much.
He got his 5 years 800k.
Not bad for a bloke on 80 in his first year and then 160 in his next.
He always seem from the outside that it was more about him, then what Geelong required.
Good on Geelong they bent them over on compensation for a dime dozen footballer.

It's a highly compromised season. I just haven't had the excitement of a normal season. By all means have games to try and create some sense of normality but ending with a 2020 grand final and a premiership just seems so pointless.

100% agree. The hunger would no doubt be there in a normal season as it fits in with their broader emphasis on enjoying the journey (as a team and an individual) and the ongoing improvement mindset. We are a mature group that’s been to the summit multiple times and this current bastardized version of a season would test the appetite and motivation. It certainly has for me as passionate supporter.
I am inclined to agree with this sentiment. From the matches I have watched there are few of the established stars of the game firing on all cylinders whoever they play for. Without their leadership the younger players are struggling. The rule changes are not helping either

So Cotch, (captain) and Riewoldt, (vice captain), have both sowed the seed in our playing list that they may not be willing to go to a hub.Probably explains our mindset this season?

Richmond star Jack Riewoldt concedes he's torn on AFL hubs and whether he would willingly travel interstate for a few weeks to complete an allotment of games.

yep.

we've got a MFC-type industrial dispute playing out in the media.

Dynasty Over I reckon.

I had fun.

*smile* virus.

couldn't Dave Astbury play with all their kids?

Reactions: 2 users
They will play in Geelong and then go to Sydney and play there the next week. Stops the issue of returning to QLD and having to quarantine, QLD will also recognise NSW quarantine period.
So 14 Days from the Geelong game (or leaving Victoria) to arriving back in Queensland?

yep.

we've got a MFC-type industrial dispute playing out in the media.

Dynasty Over I reckon.

I had fun.

*smile* virus.

couldn't Dave Astbury play with all their kids?

Yeh they don't owe us anything but it's a shame we didn't have a real season. Difficult to see us challenging without a fair slice of luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yeh they don't owe us anything but it's a shame we didn't have a real season. Difficult to us challenging without a fair slice of luck.

I suspect those of us that were there,

will forever speculate about The Richmond Dynasty being cut short by a *smile* global pandemic.

I hope im being over dramatic and hyperbolic?

but im not often wrong on matters of richmond.

I suspect those of us that were there,

will forever speculate about The Richmond Dynasty being cut short by a *smile* global pandemic.

I hope im being over dramatic and hyperbolic?

but im not often wrong on matters of richmond.

I prefer to think of it as keeping the similarities to the Geelong era alive. Bring on 2020.

Reactions: 1 users