Richmond vs St Kilda - Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond vs St Kilda - Game Day Thread

We beat the Giants with half a team and lost to the Giants and Suns when we were cooked.

The venue won't decide the result. It's an oval. We've won there when we've played well and lost when we've played poorly and a number of times when we've been depleted.
Geezuz. You’re basing that on 1 game ?

The Suns ? Are you serious ? Talk about making excuses for a horrendous loss.

We play *smile* there relative to other grounds - like the G. 11-9 the last 20 inclusive of our premiership years.

Last edited:
Geezuz. You’re basing that on 1 game ?

The Suns ? Are you serious ? Talk about making excuses for a horrendous loss.

We play *smile* there relative to other grounds - like the G. 11-9 the last 20 inclusive of our premiership years.
We kicked 2 goals against St Kilda at the G last year. Was that the ground?

The Suns???? Am I serious????????? Was it one of our 7 losses in the last 10 games (should have been 8 if the Hawks didn't stat Mad Monday halfway through the last)???????????

It's an away game. They're tougher. But if we're better than St Kilda we'll win, if not we won't.

We kicked 2 goals against St Kilda at the G last year. Was that the ground?

The Suns???? Am I serious????????? Was it one of our 7 losses in the last 10 games (should have been 8 if the Hawks didn't stat Mad Monday halfway through the last)???????????

It's an away game. They're tougher. But if we're better than St Kilda we'll win, if not we won't.
Havent you flagged Geelong’s home ground as an excuse for why they constantly make the finals ? Why ? I mean “it’s only an oval” ? I guess you also don’t believe in home ground advantages then, or that we play better at the G than other grounds. They’re only ovals too I guess.

Not saying we can’t win, but to dismiss our performances at Marvel relative to other grounds like the G is a bit too rose coloured for me.

The data doesn’t lie.

Havent you flagged Geelong’s home ground as an excuse for why they constantly make the finals ? Why ? I mean “it’s only an oval” ? I guess you also don’t believe in home ground advantages then, or that we play better at the G than other grounds. They’re only ovals too I guess.

Not saying we can’t win, but to dismiss our performances at Marvel relative to other grounds like the G is a bit too rose coloured for me.

The data doesn’t lie.
Have I? (Geelong's ground is not an oval btw)

Like I said, it's an away game. Our coach's negativity probably doesn't help. But we beat St Kilda there by 14 goals last year then 2 months later kicked 2 goals for the match against the same team at our beloved home ground.

Have I? (Geelong's ground is not an oval btw)

Like I said, it's an away game. Our coach's negativity probably doesn't help. But we beat St Kilda there by 14 goals last year then 2 months later kicked 2 goals for the match against the same team at our beloved home ground.
What’s our W-L record like the last 6 years at Marvel v the G ?

Not saying we can’t win today but you simply can not deny that Marvel isn’t as rewarding an “oval” for us.

What’s our W-L record like the last 6 years at Marvel v the G ?

Not saying we can’t win today but you simply can not deny that Marvel isn’t as rewarding an “oval” for us.
I'm not. I'm just saying form is more important.

Reactions: 1 user
Hope Dimma comes out and *smile* can docklands. We hate this ground