Richo's replacement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richo's replacement

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
We'll never trade Richo, we are stuck with him for better of for WORSE. If we traded him for some draft picks we'd have 15,000 members next year and the club would never entertain getting such a low figure.

I think we'll see Richo play a bit better in the next couple of years than what he did this year, but he'll never be a champion. And we won't win a premiership whilst he is there because he just wastes too many of his possessions. Its all about clanger minimisation and not turning the ball over, and the way he kicks has 10th spot on the ladder written all over it.

Just to engage in the fantasy, who would I take to replace him? I'd take a Scott Lucas from Essendon.

The Warragul Tiger

eat 'em alive!
Jul 22, 2003
Warragul
Ridley said:
........... players like Bowden on the field every week of every year. He may get it 30 times a game but he turns it over or doesn't use it to Richmond's advantage 25 of those times .........

Those statistics are damning!

How could anyone say anything positive about Joel Bowden based on such a thorough statistical analysis. But there it is - in black and white - 83.3% of the possessions are wasted.

Any further breakdown on the other 16.7 percent?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Ridley said:
This is one of the major reasons Richmond has been so mediocre for so long; players like Bowden on the field every week of every year. He may get it 30 times a game but he turns it over or doesn't use it to Richmond's advantage 25 of those times. And the head ducking, contest avoiding, shirking and skulking softness doesn't help either.

5 out of 30 possessiosn to Richmond's advantage? :eek: Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. :rollin

Ridley said:
I can certainly see positives (500 plus goals; more marks per game and contested marks than anyone in the AFL) and negatives (dummy spitting, sh!thouse kicking) for Richo, but only negatives for Bowden.

That comment only of reinforces me theory that a lot of people often judge a player on personal feelings rather than what they actually do on the ground on a given day. Watch the game carefully and you might actually see Joel fluke something good now and again, though I suspect it wouldn't be acknowledged anyway. ;D

Ridley said:
This is so typical of Bowden IMO. After a week of mourning the death of the greatest figure in our history and a game we should have won for that very reason but typically didn't, he just thinks it's all a big joke.

How would we know what goes through Joel's mind. Reminds me of draft day a few years ago when the boards were full of talk that Cogs was nearly crying when he heard he was drafted by Richmond (in hindsight would forgive him if that was the case, ha) and how he'd never make a player for us because he didn't want to be here. A lot was written about the look on his face at that time.

Joel actually had more of a crack against the Hawks than a lot of others so I think it's unfair to say not winning was a big joke to him.

I have never been Joel's biggest fan but I think he cops his fair share of unfair critisism compared to other players in the team.

The Warragul Tiger

eat 'em alive!
Jul 22, 2003
Warragul
rosy3 said:
....... I have never been Joel's biggest fan but I think he cops his fair share of unfair critisism compared to other players in the team.

I reckon Joel bowden cops well and truly more than "his fair share of unfair critisism".

(I would like to put a percentage on this excess - but it seems that Ridley is the only qualified statistician in this group!)

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Richo a once in a generation player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Jack Elliott once said, pigs arrrse!!!!!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Warragul - do you want me to set up a poll for this? - considering how accurate and concise my polls are.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Ridley said:
A bloke I work with has a best mate who's a Tiger. Well after the game on Sunday this guy was walking through the Punt Rd Oval carpark and saw Joel and another guy (he thinks it was his brother Patrick) sitting in his car and they were waiting for Richo who was walking to the car. He reckons Joel and Patrick were laughing and having a great old time but Richo had the look of a shattered man on his face.

This is so typical of Bowden IMO. After a week of mourning the death of the greatest figure in our history and a game we should have won for that very reason but typically didn't, he just thinks it's all a big joke.

Every action of Joel Bowden displays that he just couldn't give a sh!t about the Richmond Football Club.

Get rid of him now! :mad:

That is so disgustingly unfair to say. You have NO idea what Joel was feeling, just coz he was joking round with his brother means Jack sh!t.

If your going to talk crap then dont bother at all....

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The Warragul Tiger

eat 'em alive!
Jul 22, 2003
Warragul
Harry said:
Warragul - do you want me to set up a poll for this? - considering how accurate and concise my polls are.

Actually I just checked the anti-Frawley poll again.
I see there is now 31 votes against him. At the rate the poll is going, there could be over 100 anti-Frawley votes by the end of the month. Won't Danny be worried about that!

So dont't bother with another poll. I'm sure you counted this one correctly. (Especially if you were taught by resident master statistician Ridley who is probably number-crunching more Joel Bowden stats this very minute.)

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Ah, Walster, you and your halcyon days make me quite nostalgic and as for talk of long kicks and open forward lines...if only!

Still hasn't answered the question though as to whom we'd replace Richo with.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
You can do all the polls in the world the fact is they have got it wrong yet again. I liken it to the Labour party and Simon Crean, we know he is a dud, the opposition know he is a dud yet his own party stick with him.....like the tigers and Frawley the longer he leads the longer they will be in the wilderness

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Laff, its fair to say the Tigers are going no where then. ;)
You speak to opposition supporters and they all think Richos a dud.
Do we think Hird and Lloyd are duds ? I dont think so.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Its a sad fact that Richmond supporters and coaches are the only ones that think Richo, Kellaway and co are any good.
Thats why we are a rabble!

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
Ridley said:
rosy3 said:
A bloke I work with has a best mate who's a Tiger. Well after the game on Sunday this guy was walking through the Punt Rd Oval carpark and saw Joel and another guy (he thinks it was his brother Patrick) sitting in his car and they were waiting for Richo who was walking to the car. He reckons Joel and Patrick were laughing and having a great old time but Richo had the look of a shattered man on his face.

Every action of Joel Bowden displays that he just couldn't give a sh!t about the Richmond Football Club.

I heard the same thing. I was at my local drinking hole, the London Tavern in Richmond, after the footy against Port, and all the players and coaching staff came in for a meal. Everyone looked really down about things and the only one out in the public bar mingling with everyone having a laugh was none other than Joel Bowden. The following week against Hawthorn, I was chatting to a couple of blokes who also said they had just seen Joel laughing after the game. Richo lookled shattered.

I honestly believe Joel has been made aware of where he stands in the club, or more to point, where he doesn't stand.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
Warragul Tiger said:
Harry said:

Actually I just checked the anti-Frawley poll again.
I see there is now 31 votes against him. At the rate the poll is going, there could be over 100 anti-Frawley votes by the end of the month. Won't Danny be worried about that!

Danny Frawley will be there next season regardless of whether anyone likes it or not. Why don't you all stop wasting each others time, and whinge about something else, like players, things that might actually happen...

Lets save all the anti frawley crap till round 5 next year.