Robbie Wiley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Wiley

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Great game, much better the the stop start chip chip cr@p that's dished up nowadays. There were actually some contests (y) :cool:

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Great game, much better the the stop start chip chip cr@p that's dished up nowadays. There were actually some contests (y) :cool:
It's true. Some people say the game is infinitely better these days..when I watch some of those old games I'm honestly not convinced it is.
They may be far superior athletes in 2021 but as an overall spectacle? Not convinced.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The good old days.

When Saturday Footy was Life.

Watch it and see how many frees are not paid that would be paid these days.

Skills back then are obviously nowhere near as good as today nor is the athletic ability anywhere near the players these days but these guys were part time players who had jobs during the week and it was just contest on contest on contest.

No sanitised BS no BS ground announcers screaming at you every break in play, getting a footy record, standing on steel beer cans as a kid in the outer to get abetter view, and having a kick after the final siren on the ground to work off the Pies, Hot Dogs chips and Hot Jam Donuts.

League Teams, Big League, World of Sport ,The Coodabeeens, "3KZ" is football the Captain and the Major, "are you there Harry"?

Today's footy is missing something ......... its soul.

Maybe its just me but I love watching this stuff it takes me back to much happier carefree times.

Its not hard to be nostalgic during these shittful times.

Geeze I miss those those days as a very lucky little kid growing up back then.

Great work LTRTR.

Cheers
All true craigo. Also no hi-5 hand taps from the players and better umpiring. When BT passed to Wood for a goal, I noticed Woody raise his hands walking towards BT but only grabbed his face like you do to a little kid. I was wondering if that was going to be the first hi-5. :)) Funny looking back how Peter Landy and Louie the Lip were amazed with the new electronic scoreboard as they kept referring to watching the replays on it.

Reactions: 1 user