Welcome to the Tigers - Connor Menadue | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Connor Menadue

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Welcome aboard young fella. Lots of happy fans here I'm sure.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Re: Welcome to the Tiggers - Connor Menadue

Welcome Conor. Best of luck
http://boundforglorynews.com/2014-draft-profile-connor-menadue/

Ruanaidh

Tiger Cub
Jul 4, 2012

I know the family and Conner. Great young man and be assured he will grow into his body. Fantastic work Franky ;)....and I don't mean Jackson.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009

Is what we need, tall and quick.

And another from the Western Jets.

tassiedave

Wingman of the future!
Aug 5, 2003

Thanks for the link Willo, i feel much happier after reading it.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004

Inside Footy - from his coach at Western Jets Torin Baker:

"Connor is one of the better running players in the TAC Cup this year and showed at the combine with his testing in speed, repeat speed and endurance. One of the best contributors for the year who loves to take the game on. Is a good height but will need time to develop. Naturally a defenderer but has played other roles and played well whereever he was positioned. Hopefully goes somewhere between picks 22 - 40"

Herr_Tiger

Tiger Superstar
May 23, 2005
Peel

fyi:-

Connor MENADUE
Western Jets | 19/9/96 | H: 187cm | W: 69kg
Connor is one of the better running players in the TAC Cup this year and that showed at the combine with his testing in speed, repeat speed and endurance. One of best contributors for the year who loves to take the game on, is a good height but will need time to develop. Naturally a defender but has played other roles and played well wherever he was positioned. Hopefully goes somewhere between picks 20 to 40

---

Plays like: Isaac Smith

An explosive yet nimble midfielder, don’t let Connor Menadue’s light frame fool you into thinking he isn’t up to the rigours of AFL football. Averaging 18 disposals for the Western Jets behind the likes of Liam Duggan, Corey Ellis, Dillon Viojo-Rainbow and Jayden Laverde, Menadue’s ability to cut open a game with his speed and penetrating kick makes him an exciting prospect for the Western Bulldogs, such is outside running game. Although on the skinny side, Menadue cracks in hard when it comes to tackling, and has a knack for kicking goals on the run. He gets a big tick for versatility, playing mostly off half back and on a wing, albeit with stints up forward for the Jets. He takes the game on, rating among the best performed for handball receives, whilst his decision making is also rated within the elite bracket. With the ability to use the ball by both hand and foot, Menadue has a certain amount of polish that a player of his ilk needs. He slips through congestion with his breakaway speed and loves to run and carry up a wing, not too dissimilar to Hawthorn’s Isaac Smith. I rate him highly particularly due to his agility, game awareness, and match impact. Named best on ground in the Jets’ elimination loss, Menadue almost willed the Jets over the line off his own boot, accruing 27 disposals at 87 per cent efficiency, including 18 handball receives and two goals.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

Probably our best pick out of the 3 so far. Welcome Connor.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

St Kevin said:
Probably our best pick out of the 3 so far. Welcome Connor.

I reckon Drummond's our best so far.

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne

Well you know what they say about opinions....

Welcome aboard mate, and welcome to the family :)

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

TigerForce said:
I reckon Drummond's our best so far.

Not a huge fan of Drummond, but certainly hope he proves a nuffie like me wrong. :hihi

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

St Kevin said:
Not a huge fan of Drummond, but certainly he proves a nuffie like me wrong. :hihi

Looks agile enough. I like his moves. Bit of Dusty and Lids mixed.

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008

This is the one that excited me - when we got to 33 with him and Blakeley still on the board I was hugging myself and I think on balance he's the right decision - can give us some Matty White-like run.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Liked the look of this kid. Was wondering where he'd land and he's come to us. Reckon he is the perfect 'type' that we we require.
Time tells if he makes it.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

Tigers of Old said:
Liked the look of this kid. Was wondering where he'd land and he's come to us. Reckon he is the perfect 'type' that we we require.
Time tells if he makes it.

Agree Tooheys. The pick I'm happiest with, think he'll be a ripper. Definitely a spot open for a long kicking, tall winger in this side.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

yep, the exact type we need. like the look of him. first instinct is to run and carry and has serious pace. also great kick on the run. could be a gun or dud but happy with this pick for the type he is.