Round 1 - Changes vs Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 - Changes vs Carlton

Even given the great names mentioned, 4 changes is a lot. Especially when all coming in are off injuries.
The 5 day turnaround will have an impact on us too.
I'm worried we will look sluggish. We just don't have the foot speed & quality of the top teams now.

On Kosi - have you ever seen him play a good game? You need to remember the likes of Hampson/Pattinson/Vickery all got taken after showing some pretty average form. At least Vickery had his moments at times. Tall players seem to be given multiple chances.

Kosi is cymbals Mk11. Watch where his hands are in a marking contest. It's almost guesswork. Even when he marks it it's usually double grabbed. He doesn't fight for front position when he should. He doesn't use his body well in one on ones. He doesn't hit packs hard.

I think Miller has more upside, but it's likely neither are a long term answer.
He has kicked 5 goals in a game and 4 once as well, Kicked 3 as well 4-5 times

So yes he has

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Jacob_Koschitzke.html

Reactions: 1 users
Yes and no.

We need to get our raft of youngsters to 50 games as quickly as possible, see what they’ve got.

Yes you need some senior player “scaffolding” but the likes of Short, Balta, Baker, Rioli and Bolton need to learn how to become leaders (Prince already is).

If we are 0-4 and going nowhere then you absolutely load in as much youth as possible. Yes it results in a hellish year but you take the short term hit to morale for a long term launching pad.

We aren’t good enough to be a perennial finals contender. We need to start again if we want another flag.
I don't think we're ever going to agree, philosophically, about that.

We may have to just take the difference of opinion as just that.

My opinion is that we may never win a flag again. Ask any St Kilda/Freo supporting mates how rare they can be.

I'd rather we go into each game and season choosing to be competitive. In selection and mindset. You make finals, anywhere, who knows what could happen.

I'm more interested in going to work tomorrow (in the heart of Carlton) with a win over them, than hoping for a bottom out to flag transition in 7 years time.

I get the desire to bottom out. But I also feel the drafts a crap shoot and I'd rather be the big, finals making club that can attract players like Prestia and Lynch.

Reactions: 9 users
I don't think we're ever going to agree, philosophically, about that.

We may have to just take the difference of opinion as just that.

My opinion is that we may never win a flag again. Ask any St Kilda/Freo supporting mates how rare they can be.

I'd rather we go into each game and season choosing to be competitive. In selection and mindset. You make finals, anywhere, who knows what could happen.

I'm more interested in going to work tomorrow (in the heart of Carlton) with a win over them, than hoping for a bottom out to flag transition in 7 years time.

I get the desire to bottom out. But I also feel the drafts a crap shoot and I'd rather be the big, finals making club that can attract players like Prestia and Lynch.

A thousand times this.

Cases in point - Geelong and Hawthorn. I know which model I'd rather follow.

Reactions: 2 users
Geelong we’re lucky to get their recent flag IMO

Sydney for all their perennial finals appearances haven’t won a flag for almost a decade.

Cotchin, Martin, Riewoldt.

Top end of draft. You need the core.

Reactions: 1 users
Well that gives me comfort!

Almost every player can play footy. How considtently well is the challenge.

Tall guys get a lot of chances.
Just watched the vfl practice match and he seems a long way off unfortunately

Tried hard and actually looked better when on the ball dropping into the backline