Round 10 Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 10 Other Games

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Johannisen should get a jobs a butcher, has been butchering the ball all night.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Poor old Footscary.
They go out and pay 450k for a bloke that would struggle to get a game at Frankston.
And then to rub salt into it, they go and sign a bloke that AFL was a 2nd option for himself.
Shocking recruiting.
I once sat next to Scott Clayton on interstate flight. And he was laughing at our recruiting.
Is he responsible for Bruce and Greg Chappel?
How about the 34 Smurfs on their list.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We need to go big.
Operation get Bompmytelly.
He is rusting away playing with that mob.
We have done it before with N.Brown, we can do it again.
He is only 24.
Rance is off the list.
Back end his contract.
Then when Cotchin and Jack have retired, pay him whatever he is owed.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Seriously does Beveridge think he will win another flag with Tattoo playing across half back?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I've always wondered why sides don't scrub kicks into the forward line when a thousand bombs are getting picked off willy nilly.

If you can't pick out a target because you're under heat then scrub the *smile* in than bomb it!

I know it aint that black and white but surely if 1 thing isn't working you at least try another?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
First time I've seen Port this year and ive got to say I was impressed.

they are playing Richmond footy - fast ball movement, tap ons, ferocious pressure, and a well organised, intercepting defensive system similar to ours.

their inexperienced ruckman Ladhams is really fast and agile and tough.

we will need to 1 bring our A game next week and 2. Noah Balta will be extremely important to match up on Dixon, and 3. I'd be playing Chol as first ruck, I dont reckon Ivan could keep up with Ladhams and 4. careful forward entries

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I've always wondered why sides don't scrub kicks into the forward line when a thousand bombs are getting picked off willy nilly.

If you can't pick out a target because you're under heat then scrub the *smile* in than bomb it!

I know it aint that black and white but surely if 1 thing isn't working you at least try another?
I guess because to scrub a kick into the F50 there’d have to no oppo in front of you (Otherwise you’d be kicking it to them ) but when you bomb it in you’re kicking over the next line of defence.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010

they are playing Richmond footy - fast ball movement, tap ons, ferocious pressure, and a well organised, intercepting defensive system similar to ours.

we will need to 1 bring our A game next week and 2. Noah Balta will be extremely important to match up on Dixon, and 3. I'd be playing Chol as first ruck, I dont reckon Ivan could keep up with Ladhams and 4. careful forward entries

To be fair dogs a struggling at the moment like to see Port against the top sides with the pressure on.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
To be fair dogs a struggling at the moment like to see Port against the top sides with the pressure on.
Yes they have lost 2 games; both to other current top 4 teams in Brisbane and St.Kilda. They are going well but they've still got a lot to prove.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yes they have lost 2 games; both to other current top 4 teams in Brisbane and St.Kilda. They are going well but they've still got a lot to prove.
Yeah, I reckon Port are going to be this years minor premiers but finals failures.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah, I reckon Port are going to be this years minor premiers but finals failures.
Yes I remember 2018 when they were 11-4 after 15 games and equal 2nd on the ladder. Lost 6 of the last 7 and finished 10th.

• Love

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Dogs don’t get enough from their senior players. Wood aside, there isn’t a lot of leadership there.

Don’t have a strong recent road record and may be starting to struggle with hub life.

Bruce isn’t good enough to be a #1 forward and while Naughton is promising, he’s kicked 30-odd goals in his career. They are crying out for a Jeremy Cameron who would allow Naughton to develop with less pressure, keeping Bruce as a backup. In the meantime they need to play Schache for the rest of the season to work out if he’s any good.

Still think they have a good younger core from Macrae (26) down. As zips suggests, recent recruiting is questionable.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Port just flood the backline.
They'll be out in straight sets come finals time.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I reckon they aren't as good as Tigers, GWS or West Coast.

but are similar to Brisbane and Collingwood

and better than Cats, Saints and dogs.

so Id have them losing a q final, winning a semi and losing a prelim

as the 8 stands now.

obviously a helluva a lot of water to flow under the fridge yet

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

They have a few blokes almost out of time - Westhoff (33), Gray & Boak (32), Dixon/Hartlett/Ebert/Rockliff (30-ish). They've realised it and it makes them dangerous.