Round 12: the haemorrhoid flare up games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 12: the haemorrhoid flare up games.

so we play Hawks once and North once ? how does that work?
How does it work than any side can play one twice before playing another one once? The draw is a contrived mess. The only way to fix it is to wean the AFL away from the ‘blockbuster’ concept which locks them into things like Anzac Day and the Showdowns and Derbies.

Geez...even the flog wants some crowd hugs. Arm was pinned how could that be HTB!!

If the kid is a ‘half-bred’ of those two without Schwartz knee injuries, Melb have got a beauty on their hands.

People forget Watts. Kid was doomed from the start, so you can get things wrong or overlook players.

I guess time will tell with Bauer and Bradtke.

Samson is a ruck with say small stints forward , not the other way around.
I was playing school footy around the time of Tingay, Lovell, Knights, Stephen Ryan, Illija Grgic & David Schwarz, I don't think I've ever seen a more prodigious talent than Schwarz, no surprises he suffered knee injuries, his leap was phenomenal & he put himself at great risk coming back down to earth. As good as Buddy at the same age but cruelled by injury.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Flogs reaming Boringbourne tonight......never thought I'd see it.
Get tired of saying it: AFL 'adjust' umpiring favours according to commercial imperatives and revenue aims. Don't want big revival in Bloos' memberships to drop off too dramatically in the near future, nor for their members to stop attending games over rest of '23 in (forlorn) hope.

Don't always go so far as to alter outcomes outright - obviously Dees better side and wanted in finals - unless like PA against us last week. We are done, they are rolling and will play finals, part of big Adelaide revival. PA 1 flag in history. Tigers 100k members guaranteed every year; 3 recent flags.
Hence frees in favour of PA equal to almost another (ordinary) player, and several for easy goals.

Reactions: 1 users
Melb v Carlton half time small medium forwards

J Motlop, 5 disposals, 0 goals, 1 tackle
K Pickett 4 disposals, 1 goal. 1 tackle
B Fritsch. 6 disposals, 0 goals, 1 tackle
K Chandler 8 disposals 0 goals, 4 tackles
M Owies 3 disposals, 0 goals, 2 tackles
Z Fisher 7 disposals, 0 goals, 1 tackle
Ban Rooyen 7 disposals, 1 goal, 0 tackles
J Smith 1 disposal, 0 goals, 1 tackle
Neal-Bullen. 5 disposal, 1 goal, 3 tackles

Banish em all.

Just what are the expectations of Cumbo - his stats match or are better than all them and we need goal-kickers and he is young
What are his, Cumbo's, tackle numbers? That is probably what mattered most to Dimma. Also said early in the year that he was too similar to Dusty. Implication - cannot have 2 M/Fs who do not chase out or tackle in our FL.

Last edited:
Yet again you seem the same issues with Carlton. They are so reliant on Mackay and Curnow. 9 shots at goal and 5 of them from Mackay. This is 1 of their inherent problems, not enough avenues to goal.
Hilarious comment from you. Who do they remind you of, except that team only have 1 KPF in the side, who is old and clapped out, along with a skinny ruckman. At least Bloos have 2 genuine KPFs in action w Silvagni 3rd tall who scunges an occasional goal.

I was playing school footy around the time of Tingay, Lovell, Knights, Stephen Ryan, Illija Grgic & David Schwarz, I don't think I've ever seen a more prodigious talent than Schwarz, no surprises he suffered knee injuries, his leap was phenomenal & he put himself at great risk coming back down to earth. As good as Buddy at the same age but cruelled by injury.
Have to agree with you Bill there.

Prodigious talent.

Old timer like me remembers!

Towards the end of his career, weren’t the Tigers interested in him??

56 3QRT

I honestly thought PA were going to do that to us last week.

Imagine a GF , Port vs Collingwood.

Hilarious comment from you. Who do they remind you of, except that team only have 1 KPF in the side, who is old and clapped out, along with a skinny ruckman. At least Bloos have 2 genuine KPFs in action w Silvagni 3rd tall who scunges an occasional goal.

Clearly I've touched a nerve with you.

They think they are in the premiership window. When we won premierships we kicked goals from multiple sources. They don't. Its that simple.

Even now, our midfield kicks more goals than theres. Thats the key point I was making, but make it all about you as usual. You are so ego centric that everything has to be about you.

I broadly agree that retrospective draft hand wringing is a fools paradise,

but given the age profile of our KPF's, not picking JVR, who was doing exactly what hes doing now at 18,

is looking like a fiora/pavlich howler.

and I think its ok to celebrate our draft wins, and regret our losses,

concurrently
Apt comment. But don't omit the original where it all started - Tambling/Franklin.

Will always remember Royce Hart when asked his view: "Think we might have taken a big forward at least with one pick." Or words to that effect, after we picked Deledio at No.1. After Dorks took Roughead at 2 because we let the world know we would take him at next pick.

More Neitz but that's no disrespect, just a quick hypothetical, Allen vs Van Rooyen, who do you take at this particular juncture?
Simple, Both ... as we could have. One more able to play R/F, the other more KPF. Usually needing 2 or 3 years to develop so Allen would have slot in with Lynch on a LTI again so could have shared ruck duties with Ryan as Nank out LTI too, while JVR coming on very early. Ready to go JR8 replacement - who probably needs to finish up soon, if not last year. But, heh, he's our highest-scoring KPF with some measly total.

But he won't because we never recruited anyone at all capable of stepping up, aside from a couple of MSD long-shot hopefuls who look to be likely misses as we do not see fit to play them. (Good for Jack, eh!).

so we play Hawks once and North once ? how does that work?
AFL equalisation policy utilised for a long time now to keep the Tigers caged. If that doesn't work - rule changes will. If that's not enough, there's always the surefire - Umpires' 'odd' decisions and special rule 'interpretations' for us.
It's quite a package.
I think the Bummers play one or both twice. Funny about that.