2019 Grand Final Match Day Thread - Richmond v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2019 Grand Final Match Day Thread - Richmond v GWS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Today's the day. 2nd Premiership in 3 years.

GO TIGES

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I’m very fortunate ,

Son was given 2 tickets through his work , he is taking the old man :) , 1 level up , front row, AFL members area , corporate type stuff that involves function that starts at 10am, meal , speakers , band and all the trimmings.

Not the type of stuff I would want to be paying for, Someone told me they are worth $3,500 a ticket, ? I would be happy enough with just a ticket to get in, but going to make the most of it on this occasion.

Go tigers .

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Such a different feeling than grand final day in 2017. I was just happy to win a final back then, let alone make the granny. Was not even expecting to win it.

I am so happy with our club, the best performed team over the last 3 season's.

We had the toughest draw this year, massive injury issues and still persevered enough to outplay and outlast 16 other teams to make it.

Do it for Rancey, Higgins and Jack Ross Tiges, play our natural game and it is ours.

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
We all want to win, but before the day takes over Its great to acknowledge the ride this club has taken us on over the last 3 years.

73 games for 55 wins, after today 8 finals including 3 prelims and now a 2nd grand final.

During that time there is not one team we haven’t beaten. We have had a brownlow medallist, a norm smith medallist and a Coleman medallist. The club has over 103,000 members.

At the start of this decade we had a new coach and lost 9 straight, we were labelled the worst team since Fitzroy.

How awesome is it is supporting Richmond Football Club?

Hoping for and expecting another flag today ....GO TIGES

• Love
Reactions: 27 users

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Here we go!

Been up since 5am, will be catching the train to Melbourne around 8:30am, to meet up with my brother in the city at 10:30am and wandering through Richmond together. Will look to get into the G around 12pm. Can’t wait, hopefully we all have a great day.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Happy Anniversary Happy Anniversary. Golden Anniversary today, 50 years since our 1969 flag n time to repeat the 1967 / 2017 flag double with the 1969 / 2019 double. I was even around to appreciate the originals n still got enough in the tank to " quietly " celebrate the anniversary specials.

Reactions: 10 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Such a different feeling than grand final day in 2017. I was just happy to win a final back then, let alone make the granny. Was not even expecting to win it.

I am so happy with our club, the best performed team over the last 3 season's.

We had the toughest draw this year, massive injury issues and still persevered enough to outplay and outlast 16 other teams to make it.

Do it for Rancey, Higgins and Jack Ross Tiges, play our natural game and it is ours.

Has a very different feel this time around , not just for us Richmond supporters , you can feel the rest of the footy community are looking at us differently this time around too.

First time there was probably more of an excitement feeling to actually be there , like a kid in Disneyland for the first time,
this time there is more a feeling of business , this is where we belong, let’s get it done.

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
For me today is about trusting the process and system that allowed us to weather the injuries, survive a tough draw and find some gems in the twos. Today we do it for Rancey, Higlet, Jack Graham, Jack Ross and Kmac. Today we don't need to rely on pure emotion to get us through, today we let the process work for us. Best of luck to Dimma and the boys. Let the system do the work and fingers crossed we walk away with the biscuits. GO TIGES!!!!

Reactions: 3 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I’m off to bed with the alarm set for 5.00am, plus a back up alarm for 5.20am just in case!

Not sure how much sleep I’m going to get though.

God I’m nervous.

Reactions: 1 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
For me the difference defies description.

2017:
Completely unexpected, come from nowhere, underdogs, 37 years, etc etc. Flew around the world to be there. So excited to be at the game.

2019:
Top of the tree, favourites, almost humdrum. Tomorrow morning I will get up at 6.00 am and watch the game live in my living room.

• Love

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I’m very fortunate ,

Son was given 2 tickets through his work , he is taking the old man :) , 1 level up , front row, AFL members area , corporate type stuff that involves function that starts at 10am, meal , speakers , band and all the trimmings.

Not the type of stuff I would want to be paying for, Someone told me they are worth $3,500 a ticket, ? I would be happy enough with just a ticket to get in, but going to make the most of it on this occasion.

Go tigers .

Kiwi enjoy it with your son!

Hope it’s a great day for you both, the Tigers win and for all us supporters.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
For me the difference defies description.

2017:
Completely unexpected, come from nowhere, underdogs, 37 years, etc etc. Flew around the world to be there. So excited to be at the game.

2019:
Top of the tree, favourites, almost humdrum. Tomorrow morning I will get up at 6.00 am and watch the game live in my living room.

Enjoy 23.!

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Ha. here we are ... Go Tiges... Eat Em Alive ..

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Day has arrived now.

Not much sleep and enough left in the voice after going to all the finals of the VFL culminating in a VFL GF win which I was fortunate to witness the win & see the next batch of our kids !

Watched all the AFL finals with the family and today will watch the GF with a great friend and his son at his house today(big screen), better than mine, who we watched together at my place in 2017. Going with my photographer wife and son who from young has had a soft spot for GWS. What do I do there?

Hope it’s a good OMEN!

This finals series has all been about REDEMPTION. Atonement for the disappointment of losing the PF and missing out on an opportunity of a premiership.

This side this year has been driven by Dimma & Trent and through adversity we arrive at the same stage as in 2017, this time with expectation to get the job done.

Nothing should be taken for granted. We may not get here again. We need to grasp every opportunity in life and I’m sure the boys realise this moment.

The VFL boys who came in and played their part should be acknowledge as it’s the Richmond Mantra, the Way , the Man. Acknowledge also the boys that missed out the chance for a premiership.

CJ
Balta
Ross
Garth
KMac
Weller
Chol
Butler
Egg
Markov
Naish
Moore
Menadue

Boys who held their spot like

Baker boy
Soldo
Bolton
Get Shorty/ hard luck story of 17.

Pickett to debut

The injured crew

Rance
Higgins
Graham
Stack

The retiring crew

Grigga

Lynchy- without his contribution , leadership and power of work he had to do without Jack we don’t make finals. Massive and with a limited pre season. Only one of a few players who played every game.

We also lost a beautiful man who was ahead of his time in the WAY the RFC is now , Danny Frawley.

Maureen Hafey will present the cup on behalf of our greatest coach thus far. What an honour.

Through adversity great things can be achieved.

Play our way, trust in our system which has been since 2017, not born in this finals series, trust in our players, our leaders and coach to get the job done.

Tigers. By 25.

Everyone going I’m a little jealous . Enjoy the day and game.
Support loud.
Dull the support and noise from opposition support and get our team home.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users