Round 14 - the rice cake games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 14 - the rice cake games.

Broke his leg or did something to his knee , his foot was right angles to where it should be...
*smile*... just turned it on and heard Alistair Lynch say they're not going to show it.
On your description. .. that's enough for me and I'm not going to go looking for it.

Reactions: 1 user
Missed it by a couple of minutes when I did a score check. Musta been fairly gruesome as channel 7 news reported on it but refused to show the footage. Massive change to the thought processes of a few years back when they'd show the injuries on rolling repeat just to titillate the viewers.

Real shame for Powell and the Suns, very good player.

On GWS crowds, people forget we were drawing under 10k to some games in our bad days, e.g. 6k v West Coast in 1993. Swans and Bears crowds used to be terrible, now they would both average 25k+ to home games.

Missed it by a couple of minutes when I did a score check. Musta been fairly gruesome as channel 7 news reported on it but refused to show the footage. Massive change to the thought processes of a few years back when they'd show the injuries on rolling repeat just to titillate the viewers.
Showed it on channel 7 news in SA.
Bloody horrific. Hope the kid has a full recovery. Long, hard road for him I think

Gone a long way from the Nathan Brown incident. I recall the commentators pleading with the broadcaster to stop showing the replays.