Round 2 - changes to the team. Richmond v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 - changes to the team. Richmond v GWS

Wow - backline decimated. Hope Broad plays well and the new kids (Tarrant () Miller, Gibcus) give it their all.

Reactions: 1 user
Not happy with Burge to be honest since Innes left left a big hole.
Surely the IP Innes had was communicated, written down, passed on via osmosis, processes and procedures were put in place. It’s not as if he worked by himself in a locked room, with the curtains drawn so no one could see the magic. At every workplace I have been in there are processes to ensure the knowledge of individuals is somehow captured to an extent so that if they leave, it does not create a massive loss. Yes Innes may have been good, but surely some of his IP was retained by those who are still there.

Reactions: 1 users
Out from our best 22: Dusty, Prestia, Grimes, Vlastuin, Lambert. 5 of our top 10 players out. After injuries last year, you surely can't say it's just unlucky

youd think age could explain it,

but then Geelong would have 10 fit players.

The way things are going we may get our wish and all the youngsters will be playing in a few weeks if these injuries continue. You just already know its going to be a *smile* year

One thing about the squad for tomorrows game is that it has a bit more pace than last weeks side. Hopefully this equates to more pressure and tackling, which was lacking last week.
Parker, Dow and Mansell (if he is the sub) brief should be to run, and tackle their rings out.

Reactions: 2 users
One thing about the squad for tomorrows game is that it has a bit more pace than last weeks side. Hopefully this equates to more pressure and tackling, which was lacking last week.
Parker, Dow and Mansell (if he is the sub) brief should be to run, and tackle their rings out.
Hopefully Mansell is the sub and not Aarts.

Reactions: 3 users
The way things are going we may get our wish and all the youngsters will be playing in a few weeks if these injuries continue. You just already know its going to be a *smile* year
In the crystal ball we see the kids doing ok over the next few weeks while our experienced players fix their bodies. When our champs come back and mix with the new kids we win 11 games straight and are in the GF.......
And yes we have done this before

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
The biggest issue if the arse falls out of the season and we tumble again, is that its going to make it a lot more difficult to attract quality players again.

Especially if the draw of playing with Cotch and Dusty and Jack and Edwards etc is not there.

Needed to make the tough decisions last year, take the batterings and play the youngsters.
I'm a scratched record on this, but why didn't we do it ? ... it was the perfect opportunity ...

Dimma kept on and keeps using the word 'proud' ... what do they say happens before a fall ?

The way you guys are talking we should just forfeit and save the embarrassment. For *smile* sake show a bit of ticker for the Tigers!

Reactions: 4 users
New look Tigers that does not look like what we are used to. They will give it their all & if it aint good enough stiff *smile*. Maybe it will give Head Coach that Cotch ,Titch have lost that yard of pace & move them aside to lower I/C roles. They have their day in the sun time to step down.

Well I am probably as masochist, but I am looking forward to this game.

I just want to see what we can do without so many stalwarts in the side.

In 2019 we took out Port under similar circumstances and it set us up for the flag that year.

I am not saying that a win here will do the same, but a good showing will give the new boys a lot of confidence. I am looking forward to seeing if any of them can get off the chain.

We have nothing to lose.

Reactions: 6 users
Well I am probably as masochist, but I am looking forward to this game.

I just want to see what we can do without so many stalwarts in the side.

In 2019 we took out Port under similar circumstances and it set us up for the flag that year.

I am not saying that a win here will do the same, but a good showing will give the new boys a lot of confidence. I am looking forward to seeing if any of them can get off the chain.

We have nothing to lose.
Yep. Hurts like *smile* to see so many of our heroes n champions dropping like flies. But footy has always been about the evolution n growth of the team. Apart from Geelol living forever we all knew the side was going to be transitioning through the next couple of years n we'd be in for some rough times. Bring on the kids n fringies let em play some footy at last n properly see what we've got coming through.

Ralphsmith, Clark, Brown, Sonsie, Gibcus, Ryan, Mate, Miller.

Balta, Bolton, Baker, Mansell.

The framework is being built.

ATM it’s hard to deny we are looking old, slow, injury prone.

As good as our champs have been, if we are 2-5 after round 7 it’s time to prepare for a massive clearing of cap space.

$$ for a couple of young gun mids and we could be looking much more dynamic and competitive as early as next year.

2021/22 could be the dip we need.

Having said that it is only round 2 and we looked good at times against Carlton.

Reactions: 2 users