Round 2 - changes to the team. Richmond v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 - changes to the team. Richmond v GWS

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
We had many injuries in several of our premiership years like most teams do, let's not jump the gun.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
We had many injuries in several of our premiership years like most teams do, let's not jump the gun.
We were savaged by injuries in both 2019 and 2020. This whole charmed injury run is bs by salty oppo supporters in an effort to denigrate our achievements.

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
I wasn’t confident a week ago after the loss against Carlton and still not confident. A lot of tiger depth has left the door

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
Seriously, it's R2, after a surprise R1 loss.
I'm amazed at how many people here want to jump off, write us off etc....
It's a very long year and premierships aren't won in April.
Yes, our gun players are older & more injury prone and other clubs (and the AFL!) have worked us out
And the next group will take time to come through, as others drop off.

Take a breath and have faith.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Yes, our gun players are older & more injury prone and other clubs (and the AFL!) have worked us out

Also, we only have 1 age-related injury to someone now that we didn't normally have during our premiership years.

Dylan Grimes.

That's it.

One player.

Attitude is everything and confirmation bias is hard to avoid when missing finals after a premiership. Hopefully we win today and rebuild the faith.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Well I am probably as masochist, but I am looking forward to this game.

I just want to see what we can do without so many stalwarts in the side.

In 2019 we took out Port under similar circumstances and it set us up for the flag that year.

I am not saying that a win here will do the same, but a good showing will give the new boys a lot of confidence. I am looking forward to seeing if any of them can get off the chain.

We have nothing to lose.

This post aged well very quickly.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

elite posting

nice work skids.

I plead guilty

Bourke30JC33

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
Yes, we have lost a lot of talent by injury but our ins all have speed. Just noticed now that Miller is in for Grimes.
We are smaller across the ground, so I guess they will look to pressure and run the ball quicker. This is the main chance to topple GWS.

GWS mids are elite and are good ball users, they ain't the quickest, but give them enough time and they'll cut us up.
Hence why we have to play the pressure game and run hard.

Parker, we know he ain't the best of kicks but f we want to apply that criteria for all players a 3rd of the side wouldn't be playing.
He is in for his speed, aggression and pressure. Last week V blues we had one tackle in forward 50, they had 14. He also plays tall, once stack and RCD get up to speed in fitness I have no doubt they will come in.

Macintosh is a big in and he and Pickett will control the wings, and Dow just attacks the contest, looks quicker and shows more aggression well that's what I saw V cats at GHMBA stadium.

Grimes out hurts our back 6, however, GWS normally play 2 talls, Ricardi and Himmelberg and have Brander and Hogan on the bench. Perhaps they might try and stretch us with Grimes out and play a 3rd tall (enter Hogan).

View attachment 14861
Superb analysis proved correct.
Brander is a major new star, hails from Geelong.
Structural concern for GWS is they lead marks inside 50, but fail to convert.
14-9 inside 50 marks versus Sydney.

Last edited:

Bourke30JC33

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
Our second quarter was sensational.
The best so far this year.
Was reading the average is a 25 per cent conversion rate of inside 50s to goal.
Average about say 50 inside 50s for 13 goals.
Second quarter we had 12 inside 50s for 6 goals, despite several stars out.