Round 2 Collingwood | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 Collingwood

The conditions were perfect for us last night.
It wasn't the Dew that destroyed us, it was the inability to hit up targets going forward.
We seem to be always rushed going into forward 50.
We needed Foley last night.

Dew was definitely the issue in the last 2 minutes. We dropped the ball at least 3 times in our forward line which if not would have given us a good chance of scoring at least behind. Pretty sure Dimma made mention of the slippery conditions in his presser.

Dew was definitely the issue in the last 2 minutes. We dropped the ball at least 3 times in our forward line which if not would have given us a good chance of scoring at least behind. Pretty sure Dimma made mention of the slippery conditions in his presser.

We love and feed off slippery conditions.
It favoured us but we couldn't get a handle on it..
Stack or even Bolton should've kicked to the goal square.

Yes they did earn the right but that methodology will not win them a flag. Very negative to try to stop a team scoring for 3 qtrs

Sydney won a flag with it but yeah, it's vastly different to the way Collingwood has played for a dozen years or more. They couldn't scrap their way out of the PF and I don't think it's a viable style in the longer term. But I thought their backline was able to keep possession very well while avoiding being tackled. They have clearly done some work on our forward set-up.

Reactions: 1 user
Why is no one talking about the blatant free on Lynch when he had his arms chopped by Roughead half way through the last quarter?

He was 40m out directly in front.

Because it wouldn't suit or fit the narrative of the Pies Bravery and Premiership favoritism.

Reactions: 1 users
Fastin you are drawing a long bow there, there has been no generalisations it has clearly been about one player who has not put in the work period and his performances reflect that.

I think a few boys like KMac, Jack Ross etc would be gobsmacked that club standards have been waived in favor of talent.

Look Syd is a potential star with more talent in his little finger than most but it ain't just going to happen.

PS. I have been defending my boy Shai from day 1 against the knockers of him being lazy and selfish so there shouldn't be anything for you to feel uncomfortable about in my comments I hope?

Love Sydney but he may just need a reminder to keep his eyes on the prize.

Because it wouldn't suit or fit the narrative of the Pies Bravery and Premiership favoritism.

It should've been paid a mark.
I think in the first qtr moore was paid a mark before he actually took it.
The whistle went as the ball was about to land in his hands.

One thing that clearly stood out and really gets my goat is that when the pies are tackled,or going to be, they just let the ball go. Not a disposal, just drop it, or in Degoey’s case throw it away. I reckon this is coached into them.

It's definitely a tactic to avoid being penalised when caught. They know the umps will interpret it as being knocked out in the tackle but in fact i think they are trying to release it when they see a team-mate handy. I also noticed they often make no attempt to release it but the umps ruled no prior, I thought you had to be seen to be making an attempt. Overall, exploit the rules to the max.

completely agree.

If we got a dollar everytime bruce refers to Pendles basketball background though, we'd all have about a grand

Pendles is incredible and unique

Pendlebury is a gun always has been great player no doubt, is as consistent as you'd ever see.

One of the very few Magpie players I really respect.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, pure class.

Pendles and Swanny were formidable combo at their peak together, the sheer amount of possessions they would amass then throw in Steele for the trifecta.

Those 3 carried them a long way, and Pendlebury and Sidebottom are still carrying them now which does not auger well for them going forward.

I really don’t enjoy how comfortable some posters are in alluding to our aboriginal players as lazy. I don’t hear the same talk about others who seemingly underperform at times or haven’t yet lived up to their potential.
Don’t agree with this at all stack or egg aren’t being targeted because they’re aboriginal it’s because they keep showing that at the moment there professionalism isn’t up to scratch

Egg rocked up after pre season once 8kgs over weight

Stack went undrafted and one of the reasons was unprofessional in training standards go back and read what bully said when we picked him up. Unfortunately he’s gotten ahead of himself

It’s hardly just calling out an aboriginal player from this game graham/Higgins were also called out years gone by vickery and Griffiths and big whipping boys in Ellis and grigg *smile* even houli has been one at some stage

Nothing to do with race more to do with the fact that they get beat in running drills by nank and soldo

It depends on the conditions. At the MCG occasionally you get an incredibly heavy dew, I think generally when there is a clear sky and really low temperatures, after a sunny afternoon.

It gets seriously, seriously wet. For example you can be on a plastic chair, head out on the ground for 2 minutes and when you get back it is wet. Your clothes get wet sitting in it all night.

It must be something to do with the grass surface because if you sit two feet away in the stands you don't see it.

If it was like that last night you are essentially playing in wet conditions.
Yeah, I see what you mean TBR, I guess the other thing to consider (which I didn’t when I made my initial post), is that by now, we have normally played close to half a season hence the players would normally be happy totally match fit and switched on...at the moment, the players are still effectively in practice match mode Thus making the conditions harder to deal with

Fastin you are drawing a long bow there, there has been no generalisations it has clearly been about one player who has not put in the work period and his performances reflect that.

I think a few boys like KMac, Jack Ross etc would be gobsmacked that club standards have been waived in favor of talent.

Look Syd is a potential star with more talent in his little finger than most but it ain't just going to happen.

PS. I have been defending my boy Shai from day 1 against the knockers of him being lazy and selfish so there shouldn't be anything for you to feel uncomfortable about in my comments I hope?

hey Caesar

I love your work. Not attempting to generate controversy or disharmony. I just made a comment that may or may not be relevant... I am fairly sick and perhaps a bit on the grumpy side.

After watching last nights game and the way the cats & the first half the way the Hawks took the game on is how I anticipated us playing Friday.

I don’t blame the conditions. We have destroyed teams in those conditions and we thrive in them.

We looked rusty.
Don’t think it was fitness.
We looked off. Handballs missing, tackles not sticking, clean procession missing, missing targets by foot, across the ground kicking, backwards, slow movement etc.

Think the players take part of the blame, our players, but the Pies in the second half looked spent.

We just played dumb positioning football.
Kicking to either Lynch or Jack when they had 2-3 opponents picking them off.

Where our small?

Work rate. ?

Blame a lot on the Pies tactics in the remaining quarter and a half , once they got their nearly 5 goal lead, just flooded their backline and we had trouble finding our space in their.

nothing is made of Buckley’s tactic. We tried to win the game. They only tried that last 2 mins.

We butchered many chances .

let’s hope this was just an aberration and Thursday night we come out different against the Hawks.

The talk that the game was heading to this ugly style cause of the shortened quarters and what was dished up Thursday night was way over the top.

Let’s see how the rest of the games pan out and how the top sides adapt to the changing game thrust upon them this year.

Reactions: 2 users
I felt like the whistle was out of sync with the action all night. I wondered if the crowd noise stuff was stopping it being live.

Me and ez,jr decided that the fake crowd noise has been recorded from real games'

and the random whistle is from the game the noise is recorded from.

so only we hear it on TV and its very disconcerting.

they can put a man on the moon and you can see your pizza getting cooked 3 suburbs away and they can make Madonna sound like she can sing,

you'de reckon they could delete the whistle?

nothing is made of Buckley’s tactic. We tried to win the game. They only tried that last 2 mins.

agree 100%.

Pies spent their load in the first and then Buckley went the full Ross Lyon and then cracked the *smile* in the presser when a reporter asked him about going 3 quarters without scoring a goal.

Buckley let his inner *smile* out and goes to the reporter

'are you going to ask dimmer that when hes next? I hope you are'. in a very sooky fashion,

and the reporter goes 'No, because Richmond didn't go 3 quarters without scoring a goal'

I thought it was hilarious.

Buckley 90% to blame for that *smile* spectacle. However, they would be stoked with a draw and we'd be *smile* off.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Me and ez,jr decided that the fake crowd noise has been recorded from real games'

they can put a man on the moon and you can see your pizza getting cooked 3 suburbs away and they can make Madonna sound like she can sing,

agree 100%.

Pies spent their load in the first and then Buckley went the full Ross Lyon and then cracked the *smile* in the presser when a reporter asked him about going 3 quarters without scoring a goal.

'are you going to ask dimmer that when hes next? I hope you are'. in a very sooky fashion,

and the reporter goes 'No, because Richmond didn't go 3 quarters without scoring a goal'

Buckley 90% to blame for that *smile* spectacle. However, they would be stoked with a draw and we'd be *smile* off.

Well written EZY.

Buckley is fraud wannabe new age Dimma.
Fake

agree 100%.

Nailed it once again EZY