Round 2 Collingwood | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2 Collingwood

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
God damn it I should feel confident but these scumbags trouble us.

Top ruckman and offensive mids, that’s where you can get us if we play +1 off the ball and not at the coal face.

The late win last season gives me heart. We ground them down that day, fair and square.

Also, not many “experts” seemed to notice that we win a flag with two ruckman embarrassing Mumford. That is *smile* scary for the rest of the comp.

Work Grundy over. Knee him in the nads. Work him out of the game.

That’s the go.

Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'd love to play them in a GF. They do give us problems, more so than any other team these days.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
My biggest concern is the shorter quarters.
Yeah we ground them down last year. We ground every team down late in games.
The shorter quarters though speed the game up.
That changes things. The game will be quicker & some will get found out because of it.
Nankervis & Graham are vulnerable at selection IMO.
Be interesting to see how we select the team..

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
My biggest concern is the shorter quarters.
Yeah we ground them down last year. We ground every team down late in games.
The shorter quarters though speed the game up.
That changes things. The game will be quicker & some will get found out because of it.
Nankervis & Graham are vulnerable at selection IMO.
Be interesting to see how we select the team..

We didn't grind them down in that game last year. We blew them out of the water in the first half. We were around 8 goals up late in the 2nd quarter then let them get a couple of soft goals just before half time. We just held ground for the second half but the game was effectively over at quarter time.

We are more known for grinding teams into the dirt as the game goes on but we can play ballistic footy as well. They way the game is structured this season means we may have to be ballistic more often that not.

Pies will be a tough opponent this week. Obviously hope we win but even in this shortened season we need to set ourselves up to be at our best for the finals. Top 2 is the goal but top 4 will do (just gotta avoid WC in Perth in the finals).

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Buckley is walking around like a rooster,
We must wipe them this week.
If we lose, the next 16 weeks will be unbearable.

Last edited:

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
Buckley is walking around like a rooster,
We must wipe them this week.
If we lose, the next 16 weeks will be unbearable.
I rather lose 2 in a row, then lose to Collingwood.
You want to lose 2 in a row and THEN lose to the Pies? Odd.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We have a kick, an extra gear we click into when needed. It normally results in a 2 to 3 quick goals and often kills the oppositions' belief in themselves. I don't think we'll be any more disadvantaged by shorter quarters than anyone else

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
We didn't grind them down in that game last year. We blew them out of the water in the first half. We were around 8 goals up late in the 2nd quarter then let them get a couple of soft goals just before half time. We just held ground for the second half but the game was effectively over at quarter time.

We are more known for grinding teams into the dirt as the game goes on but we can play ballistic footy as well. They way the game is structured this season means we may have to be ballistic more often that not.

Pies will be a tough opponent this week. Obviously hope we win but even in this shortened season we need to set ourselves up to be at our best for the finals. Top 2 is the goal but top 4 will do (just gotta avoid WC in Perth in the finals).
Ballistic suits us. We beat Carlton in 20 minutes in Round 1.

Reactions: 4 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I reckon we're overs odds-wise. its a toss of the coin. its early in the season for us and we won't be at our optimum. That being said, it is at the G and were haven't lost in 12 months.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Top ruckman and offensive mids, that’s where you can get us if we play +1 off the ball and not at the coal face.

The late win last season gives me heart. We ground them down that day, fair and square.

Also, not many “experts” seemed to notice that we win a flag with two ruckman embarrassing Mumford. That is *smile* scary for the rest of the comp.

That’s the go.

In the first 3 rounds of a normal season, I usually select my footy tips based on logic, and then invert them.

but this is far from normal.

so im selecting based on logic, and inverting twice.

Richmond by 13

OhMyGod$hai to kick 5

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
George better kick straight, none of this 0.5 or 0.6 booolsheet not against these bastages.

They also have the umpires in their pockets good for a few goals.

Last edited:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

That’s the go.

A9545F0F-1F69-4A38-967A-1FB2A9229514.png

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Darcy Cameron played really well in the Wang Marsh Series game against us so Lurch won't be much of a loss for them. Cameron is 205cm and good in the air from memory. About the same size as Soldo.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Darcy Cameron played really well in the Wang Marsh Series game against us so Lurch won't be much of a loss for them. Cameron is 205cm and good in the air from memory. About the same size as Soldo.

Let them play him.
Another dud.
Collingwood dont recruit good talls.
Francis, McKee, the dud from Brisbane, lynch, Fellows, Fraser,

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach

That’s the go.
Dimma has instructed the team and Cotchin will ensure that social distancing rules do not apply.

• Haha

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
At their best they worry me a bit , and I think they will be close to that ,

Not really sure where we are at though ,

Are we going to start a bit slow and build like last year, or hit the ground running due to it being a shorter season?