Round 2: the emptying the dishwasher games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 2: the emptying the dishwasher games.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I don’t agree with the ch.7 commentators immediately trying to downplay the incident with ‘it was a footballing action; there was only a split second in it; it wasn’t a malicious act’ garbage.

I haven't seen the incident yet, but commentator's making this sort of dumb-arse comment just shows that we have a long way to go in our game regarding head-high contact.

The head is sacrosanct. Period.

You make the decision to win the footy or the contest. Cool. But make contact with the head, and it is time off for you.

And now I have seen the incident. Forget it, Wright should get 3-4 weeks for that.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Sydney are running Esserdern ragged. This game has had a breakneck speed. Theyre impressive the Swans. The Bombers good too.
We’re not at this level. The ball movement has been ballistic.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
How many players in this era throw the ball because they can't handball with there opposite hand

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I don’t agree with the ch.7 commentators immediately trying to downplay the incident with ‘it was a footballing action; there was only a split second in it; it wasn’t a malicious act’ garbage.
CH7 commentators and other media have a soft spot for Essendrugs.. it's been around for years. It's weird.
like some kind of sick pity

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
How many players in this era throw the ball because they can't handball with there opposite hand

As good as North were early against Freo, they got away with 3 one handed handballs in the middle of the ground that I saw. It was significant, because two of those led to a center bounce clearances which they took straight forward and goaled from.

I struggle to fathom missing this around the ground as much as they do, but in the middle when the umpire is right there. Mind-boggling.

Reactions: 1 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
CH7 commentators and other media have a soft spot for Essendrugs.. it's been around for years. It's weird.
like some kind of sick pity
They were"brave" after they were found doping. That was bizarre.
Like they were forced to do it by some shady characters with no association to the club.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Even they've been behind for most of the game, everything's working well for the Bummers. Similar to that Cartoon win in the last seconds against the Dees last year.

Jabber's getting excited.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Essendon could be down by 56pts with 4 minutes to go and Darcy will still continue with ,'Essendon are in this it"

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Gresham kicked his 3rd , still think he would have been a decent pickup as a free agent (Unless his price was ridiculous)

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Any one see Papley holding the man free kick??
I've never seen a Richmond player ever get one

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Yep soft and iffy resulting in a gimme goal at this stage of the game is one of those frees that make fans furious at the umpires.