Welcome to Tigerland Liam Fawcett -: pick 43 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Liam Fawcett -: pick 43 2023

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Welcome

Liam-Fawcett.jpg

Central District
CENTRAL DISTRICTKEY FORWARD

#37​

Liam Fawcett​

Height: 197cm
Weight: 89kg
D.O.B: 22-04-2005
Leagues: AFL U18 Championships
STRENGTHS:
+ Marking
+ Mobility
+ Scoreboard impact
+ Strength
IMPROVEMENTS:
- Consistency
- Conversion
A strong marking key forward out of Central District, Liam Fawcett was earmarked early as a potential AFL Draft prospect after an impressive bottom-age campaign. He kicked 19 goals in 16 games, while averaging 11.6 disposals per match at SANFL Under 18s level. A fearsome aerial figure, Fawcett finished off the 2022 season strongly up forward, kicking 14 goals in the last five games.
Fast forward to 2023, and the Centrals tall truly cemented his place inside attacking 50 with 32 majors in 16 games, also averaging 6.6 marks. His scoring tally included a high of six goals against West Adelaide in Round 7. Fawcett duly received his spot in the state side, where he played a couple of matches, averaging a goal from 6.5 disposals and three marks.
He certainly has the capacity to get a hold of opponents aerially and on the lead, but making them pay on the scoreboard can prove hit or miss. His goal kicking numbers are strong, though could have been even more eye-catching with sharper conversion. At his best, Fawcett can go big and it's a matter of doing so more consistently. As it stands, he looms as a potential rookie candidate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Highlights package and all tat, it appears that there is something to work with regarding Fawcett.
On initial impressions, he seems like he could be a useful player.
At just 18, seems like he has some attributes to build on.

Reactions: 3 users
Feb 25, 2007
For someone so tall, he's mobile enough and has a good kicking technique. Also loves kicking goals around the body.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
I didnt like that alot of his goals in the hightlights were over the back goals.
Needed a forward so he will get his chance to impress.
Good luck kid!

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Videos like that always create mixed emotions for me.

For every fairytale like that one, there are so many disappointments at draft time.

It must be so hard to deal with for those kids and their families who miss out.
Agree Streaker. I was just watching the Kaleb Smith one (again!!) a few days ago.