Round 21 - the fart from a 15 y.o. dog games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 21 - the fart from a 15 y.o. dog games.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Had a great team which helps.
Reckon West Coast and Simpson benefitted greatly from Sam Mitchell as their mid coach, incl in their flag year.
Simpson will be in real strife next year, he should have considered North - he would have had a grace period of 2-3 years.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
In my mind, relative to their list, they have been the worst performers in the AFL for 2 years running.

They’ve been disgracefully bad the last 2 years.

Handled COVID / the hubs absolutely appallingly. Terrible culture of softness and entitlement.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Handled COVID / the hubs absolutely appallingly. Terrible culture of softness and entitlement.
Their players chucked it in 2 years ago and haven’t shown a whimper since. They are also unfit and look like they’re cruising. Gaff, Naitanui and others are carrying too much weight. They’re a debacle that doesn’t get anywhere near the focus and criticism they should.

1659871500318.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
geez the quality of the Josh Kennedy send-off speech by Simpson was embarrassing. I've said it before, the man can hardly string a sentence together. He must have some amazing behind closed door inspiring superpowers that we don't get to see.
I don't think he does. Miracle he coached Premiership. Thankfully against the Pies.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Michael Voss starting to look a little more pent-up as the Blouses falter

and Cripps def took Ah Chee out - what will the MRPeePee do? ....as Cripps is a 'darling'....

Reactions: 1 users

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
As I've been saying all season - it's been (was?) enjoyable, the most I'd enjoyed a season in years. It's been a great ride, and earlier on, a refreshing change. But I did expect a fall to come, it's obviously here, has been for some (many) weeks. However there weren't any lofty expectations from my end, even at 8-2.

It's made this slide a lot easier to cop. Wouldn't say I was fine with it, but indifferent to it, I don't much care, not as much as I thought I would anyway.

Regardless of how I feel though, it's been a wasted season from the Blues' point of view - from 8-2 to lucky to make the finals where they'll do stuff-all. The consolation is even with things going better, they weren't winning the flag this year. Any talk about that was largely media-driven, and we know how they exist to embarrass themselves.

Sounds strange but I'd prefer to miss the finals now - they'll only be making up the numbers, and it'd paper over the cracks by falling in at the end. There are very rarely any guarantees in footy as this group's likely about to find out the hard way.

It's been a long season for a number of reasons, but it doesn't take a genius to work out this group is out of steam. Playing another week won't change a thing.

Reactions: 10 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
The blues were embarrassing. Skill errors galore.

But also how bad was the umpiring? Threw the whistle away in the first half, impossible to get a free.
You could see the players calling out for throws and incorrect disposal/holding the ball. Bad bad umpiring.
And to let the game go on when Ah Chee is concussed? Haven't they shared their own memo?

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Pick 2 players from the lions?
I,d take Mcluggage and Zac Berry.

Geez Rayner still has little influence

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The blues were embarrassing. Skill errors galore.

But also how bad was the umpiring? Threw the whistle away in the first half, impossible to get a free.
You could see the players calling out for throws and incorrect disposal/holding the ball. Bad bad umpiring.
And to let the game go on when Ah Chee is concussed? Haven't they shared their own memo?

I didn't see the game, but they let the game go on when Ah Chee was concussed?

FFS, they don't learn from their own errors, not a good sign really. The game is not easy to umpire but that makes it even more imperative that you learn from mistakes, especially glaringly obvious ones like letting the game go on when Prestia was out cold.

talk about that was largely media-driven, and we know how they exist to embarrass themselves.

Never a truer word spoken about the pathetic AFL media, they really are a joke.

Carlton, yeah, they looked pretty good early days, but they have run out of puff. Need to work out how to play their taxing style of footy in bursts and shut down the game when the other side gets a run on. But, just about every team has a problem with defending multiple goals from the opposition. For Carlton, some increased fitness and work out the game plan a bit better so they don't fall in a heap. The list is good, they can play very well, just not there for a full season and finals. If the powers that be at Princes Park are smart they will see what the problem is and look for solutions.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Let missing the finals after an 8-2 start sit in the guts of the players all off-season and pre-season to see what they're really made of.

Surely serves a better lesson than resting on the laurels of limping into eighth with a first-week exit. And we know that's exactly what would happen - this lot would milk it for all it's worth.

There's a fine line.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
As I've been saying all season - it's been (was?) enjoyable, the most I'd enjoyed a season in years. It's been a great ride, and earlier on, a refreshing change. But I did expect a fall to come, it's obviously here, has been for some (many) weeks. However there weren't any lofty expectations from my end, even at 8-2.

It's made this slide a lot easier to cop. Wouldn't say I was fine with it, but indifferent to it, I don't much care, not as much as I thought I would anyway.

Regardless of how I feel though, it's been a wasted season from the Blues' point of view - from 8-2 to lucky to make the finals where they'll do stuff-all. The consolation is even with things going better, they weren't winning the flag this year. Any talk about that was largely media-driven, and we know how they exist to embarrass themselves.

Sounds strange but I'd prefer to miss the finals now - they'll only be making up the numbers, and it'd paper over the cracks by falling in at the end. There are very rarely any guarantees in footy as this group's likely about to find out the hard way.

It's been a long season for a number of reasons, but it doesn't take a genius to work out this group is out of steam. Playing another week won't change a thing.
Hewett has been a big out the last few weeks and then Kennedy against the Lions. Cerra is not an inside mid, it leaves too much on Cripps.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Hewett has been a big out the last few weeks and then Kennedy against the Lions. Cerra is not an inside mid, it leaves too much on Cripps.
True, but it doesn't excuse the pea-hearted efforts of those out there yesterday in the first half.

Feel like this club has had excuses to fall back on time and again for far too long. Injuries aren't to blame in the end.