Round 22 changes against the poos and wees | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 22 changes against the poos and wees

Feb 25, 2007
Another goes our way, first Cotchin, now Macca

The incident involving Richmond’s Kamdyn McIntosh and Port Adelaide’s Darcy Byrne-Jones from the fourth quarter of Saturday's match was assessed, it was the view of the MRO that McIntosh made a genuine attempt to spoil and that his actions were not unreasonable in the circumstances. No further action was taken.

Reactions: 4 users

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
This. Time for Stack to come back. Still leaves our backline exposed. You can't really replace Vlastuin and Grimes.
Is Mitch Lewis likely to be out? If so don’t need to replace Vlastuin down back Broad can play that role with Balta and Tarrent key backs. I like the idea of Stack forward with Lynch Riewoldt Bolton Cumberland MJ add Stack has a good mix with Miller/Nank rolling through also

Reactions: 1 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
We've been too tall down back for weeks. Even though we lost guns in successive weeks in Grimes and flossy we actually looked better balanced without them. We have tarrant balta and gibcus as bona fide talks plus broad plus miller if needed. Our strength is our forward line ATM. No coincidence with lynch Cumberland Jack and Bolton there. MJR provides pressure . Stack would round out the composure and threat factor. Stacky is a must but Hardwick as b always had a hard on for the inefficient battler.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
we have a few choices to replace Vlastuin.
a defender- either Biggie, Mansell, Hugo or Martyn.
or push KMac back- then ShEdwards or Stack could come in.
or push Miller back- Ryan or Soldo in.

I would go option 1, which probably means Hugo. or Mansell. I do wonder if Martyn is worth a look though (his papers are prob stamped in which case little point).

and I reckon we should give Ryan a go, in Millers place this week.

So out Vlastuin, Miller.
In Ryan. Hugo
Sub Stack or Clarke.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Good to hear McIntosh and Cotch have no cases to answer

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
we have a few choices to replace Vlastuin.
a defender- either Biggie, Mansell, Hugo or Martyn.
or push KMac back- then ShEdwards or Stack could come in.
or push Miller back- Ryan or Soldo in.

I would go option 1, which probably means Hugo. or Mansell. I do wonder if Martyn is worth a look though (his papers are prob stamped in which case little point).

and I reckon we should give Ryan a go, in Millers place this week.

So out Vlastuin, Miller.
In Ryan. Hugo
Sub Stack or Clarke.
Miller wont get dropped. Dimma is after a versatile 2nd ruck and he has one on Miller. The games into Miller is huge for his continued development. Is looking more and more comfortable at this level every week. 198cm ruck/agile/back/forward.

Reactions: 7 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I imagine it’ll be out Vlaustin in Castagna (as the medi sub automatically gets dropped after each game). Hopefully Stacky as the next medi sub.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Miller wont get dropped. Dimma is after a versatile 2nd ruck and he has one on Miller. The games into Miller is huge for his continued development. Is looking more and more comfortable at this level every week. 198cm ruck/agile/back/forward.
yeah, I would be happy to keep Miller in. But i reckon Ryan is worth a look before the finals. If he can take a grab or 2 up forward, not be run off all day, and can compete in the ruck he will give us a new dimension.

Miller is going ok, but he had 7 disposals, and didnt look threatening up forward. I seeing Ryan before the finals is worth the chance.

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
Aside from that atrocious shot on goal, I thought he did ok.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
My tip -

Out: Vlastuin
In: Hugo

Have Flappers go back and maybe a bit of wing time. Hugo to swap with him, like for like-ish. Medi Sub, who ever, I love Jason, Jason, Jason but............

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Hugo didnt have a great game in the VFL. I would not be promoting based on that.

Stack possibly but he has been played as a forward in the VFL but jeez he is hard at the ball

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Wait till I see the rain comes on Saturday (as forecast) ... if thats the case has to be a Masell or Stack that comes in for Vloss.

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
In my view, we have to aim for the stars and put together a side capable of winning the GF, which means the next two weeks are not only about winning, but also about refining our squad and rehearsing our gameplan.

If about 20 spots in our hypothetical flag winning side are obvious, the question is, who are the most suitable players to fill those last two spots, plus the medi sub?

If we assume Martin, Grimes and Vlastuin all come back, then what are we looking for in those three last-picked players?

I'm looking for small players with the ideal mix of speed, work-rate, flexibility and X-factor.

So who are the candidates for these spots? Stack, Edwards, Ralphsmith, Ross, Sonsie, MJR, Castagna, (who else?)

Personally, I can't see Castagna providing enough flexibility, or Edwards now being capable of the massive workrate needed in finals (we got him to 300 games, he's got three flags, sentiment shouldn't now come into it).

I'm in favour of including Stack this week, because we need to know if he can once again deliver what he did in his first season. And the team needs a couple of dress rehearsals with him in it.

Stack provides both flexibility and X-factor, and even if he doesn't sneak into our best 22 for the GF, he could be an ideal medi-sub, but I wouldn't want that to be his first taste of seniors for the year.

Reactions: 5 users