Round 3 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 3 - other games

how was that Lewis response to the question "is that the blueprint to beat the tigers?" Hilarious. Hold your marks, mumble mumble, young players aren't overawed. some more tangents.

Yep hate it. As a soccer fan too, Aussie AFL fans can scoff at soccer for lack of scoring, but some of the best games of soccer I've seen are low scoring tight contests. 0-0 doesn't mean no chances. Some of the worst games I've seen are those 5-0, 6-0 games etc, because their is no contest at all.

Boring as batshit.
Hopefully seeing one sided blow outs will make people realise that high scoring doesn’t necessarily mean good football. The media really needs a vocal and powerful critic of the crap the AFL hierarchy serve up year after year with their unnecessary tinkering.

Reactions: 4 users
Hopefully seeing one sided blow outs will make people realise that high scoring doesn’t necessarily mean good football. The media really needs a vocal and powerful critic of the crap the AFL hierarchy serve up year after year with their unnecessary tinkering.

I hope so, tonights will be 4 out of 5 ending in blowouts.

Yep hate it. As a soccer fan too, Aussie AFL fans can scoff at soccer for lack of scoring, but some of the best games of soccer I've seen are low scoring tight contests. 0-0 doesn't mean no chances. Some of the worst games I've seen are those 5-0, 6-0 games etc, because their is no contest at all.

Boring as batshit.
:mhihi Used to laugh at the Aussie and the Pommy BILs debating this over the years.

Results indicative of the new rules? Three of four of last years Preliminary finalists looking bloody ordinary with the Cats to come..
SHocking "will look into it" if his beloved Pussies cop it. I hope the Dorks can do it on Monday.

how was that Darling goal? Surrounded by players, but no pressure. strange to watch.

SHocking "will look into it" if his beloved Pussies cop it. I hope the Dorks can do it on Monday.

Personally don't think the rules benefit the cats. Seems to benefit those that can kick well AND have speed. Thats the key the Cats are slow. They may beat the Hawks on Monday but I don't think they are benefiting as much as others.

Reactions: 1 users
Wonder if a few vocal supporters in the media of the new rules (Healy, Brown) are watching this.

What a disgustingly boring training run this is. In seeking to go back to what is apparently the game's core (key forwards kicking goals, funny that, considering every ex-analyst in the media is a key forward), we've gone away from what makes it the best game in the world. The contest.

Unwatchable tripe.

I just want to know why there is an incessant need to keep changing rules on an annual basis.
Its a professional competition not a *smile* high school sports novelty event!

I just want to know why there is an incessant need to keep changing rules on an annual basis.
Its a professional competition not a *smile* high school sports novelty event!

I'd love to know why SHocking seems intent in destroying the contest of the game. Kick to kick is *smile* and thats what we are watching now.

Eagles at 90 uncontested marks to 3 quarter time.

Swans had 117 for the full game.

Is this really what we want to watch?????????????????

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Eagles at 90 uncontested marks to 3 quarter time.

Swans had 117 for the full game.

Is this really what we want to watch?????????????????
Its not football.
No contests.
Boring netball game thanks to the *smile* sticks

I'd love to know why SHocking seems intent in destroying the contest of the game. Kick to kick is *smile* and thats what we are watching now.
I'd say a dollop of reactive appeasing of broadcasters desire for more goals/ ads, a slug of wrong-headed desire for non-stop, free flowing footy, (if its all like that, its gets boring!), and a pinch of wanting less hits so mums will let their kids play and players won't sue for health impacts of concussion down the track.

Reactions: 2 users
Absolutely garbage football.
What's hocking going to introduce next? Putting your hands on your head when standing the mark?