Round 3 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 3 - other games

You watch how quickly the commentators change their tune if today’s results (blowouts) become more of the norm.

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting isn't it, there have always been close games and blowouts, the close games this year the commentaotrs have crapped on about how great the new rules are and Hocking is a genius, but, strangely when theres a blowout, they don't say much about it.

Reactions: 3 users
'Port are the best running team', BT 2 weeks ago.
'Port have the best smalls in the comp', Dunstall 2 weeks ago.
'Port are the best kicks in the comp' Cornes last week.

This is after beating North and Essendon

Eagles at 90 uncontested marks to 3 quarter time.

Swans had 117 for the full game.

Is this really what we want to watch?????????????????

Eagles ended with 120 uncontested marks, with the swans have 117.

Boring keepings off footy, can claim to be great but scoring is not even really up on what was scored last year LTRTR will have the full stats I'm sure.

I just want to know why there is an incessant need to keep changing rules on an annual basis.
Its a professional competition not a *smile* high school sports novelty event!
Well said. So the only difference is that, perhaps unlike other professional competitions, the AFL want to interfere with its professional competition and manufacture outcomes to meet its perceived aims, not allow the results to be determined by the clubs and teams autonomously on their field of play alone?

I just want to know why there is an incessant need to keep changing rules on an annual basis.
Its a professional competition not a *smile* high school sports novelty event!

Not only that but it is the oldest football code in the world with the first rules devised in 1858 whereas Association Football laid down their first rules in the early 1870s.

I think it is time fans started calling this out as AFLX because it is moving that way.

DS

I'd say a dollop of reactive appeasing of broadcasters desire for more goals/ ads, a slug of wrong-headed desire for non-stop, free flowing footy, (if its all like that, its gets boring!), and a pinch of wanting less hits so mums will let their kids play and players won't sue for health impacts of concussion down the track.
I have said this before but it is middle men trying to return the game to some long forgotten utopia that didn't actually exist in the first place.

Oscar Allen is turning into a very impressive player. Tough smart and talented.
Sure is ... and we could have taken him instead of Higgins. Would have been a ready-made JR8 replacement and/or ruck back-up for Nank. Wondered at the time why we needed another SF.

Sure is ... and we could have taken him instead of Higgins. Would have been a ready-made JR8 replacement and/or ruck back-up for Nank. Wondered at the time why we needed another SF.
Higgins was a disaster 1st rounder.
Liam Ryan, Allen and there were several others we could've taken

Reactions: 1 users