Round 3 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 3 - other games

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
No.
The difference is that, unlike other professional competitions, they have no-one to answer to. Cricket, soccer, rugby, any "normal" sport, have other national controlling bodies looking over their shoulders, not to mention INTERnational controlling bodies. The AFL can do what they like. End of story. Why they choose to is another matter, but the main difference is that they can.
Fair point, but my post was all about the Why, speculating on what their possible motive is.

Want to add, I feel sorry for the clubs too. You recruit certain player types according to the game style of the previous season and perceived team deficiencies, needs etc. A year or two later, that player might now look a poor investment e.g. a tough, young draftee that cannot hit up team-mates with reliable 15m passes cannot be risked any more.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
We must've still been pissed from the GF on draft night.
I couldnt believe we recruited another small, when in 2017 we had Bulter, castagna, Rioli and Bolton on the list.
Oscar Allen roaming CHF on the MCG wouldve been a thing of beauty.
**Maybe they were still traumatized after Griffens, Elton, Post, McBean & Vickery.
** I've often thought that too. We went and grabbed a tall via free agency in Tom Lynch.
Thank Gawd we got enough nerve back to pick CCJ (although all hope and no proof of success yet) but Balta especially.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Jeez I’ve hated this weekend of footy. Every commentator saying footys back after 10 years in the doldrums. There must have been a directive to the media for no accredited organisation to say anything negative about the new rules. Every game is better than the last. Ryan is taking marks that would never have happened without the new rules. Forwards are kicking bags. It’s just so glorious.
It’s putrid to watch, it’s reduced the pool of players that are able to play the game (bad luck contested ball players or ones that aren’t quick) and the dees players are all of a sudden lippy again. That bunch *smile* me as much as Geelong. Bailey Fritsch has a head that you want to put through a shredder, lever, Oliver, viney etc are a bunch that have achieved nothing but mouth off at every opportunity. Egobourne is back.
let’s hope Greene kicks 10 and they beat these *smile*
The sycophantic media are making me ill. Can't watch On The Couch anymore where Brown and Reiwoldt bow at Healy's feet with sickening praise.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
What qualifies Gerard as being an expert? And an AA selector?
he fawns over the highly skilled/pretty players but is mostly wrong. He will be all over the demons now. He used to love Kelly and the giants.

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
he fawns over the highly skilled/pretty players but is mostly wrong. He will be all over the demons now. He used to love Kelly and the giants.
Healy is an idiot.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I haven’t minded Healys blandness over the years, however I think the use by date is well an truly up, an agree the superstars can do no wrong, also like a lot of the commentators they seem to be only able to rate high draft picks as future stars

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
The sycophantic media are making me ill. Can't watch On The Couch anymore where Brown and Reiwoldt bow at Healy's feet with sickening praise.
the media are full of it this season.
it's overblown and turns the game into a soap opera. it's unbearable.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
This Geesook v Horforn rivalry promo is as laughable as how big Scumwood and Bummers are on ANZAC day.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
O’Connor looking like he has the same rules as Crowley and De Boer, allowed to hold your opponent all day

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Funny listening to BT get frustrated at Geelong not toeing the line and hanging onto the ball, showing the new rules at their worst.