Round 3 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 3 - other games

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
No.
The difference is that, unlike other professional competitions, they have no-one to answer to. Cricket, soccer, rugby, any "normal" sport, have other national controlling bodies looking over their shoulders, not to mention INTERnational controlling bodies. The AFL can do what they like. End of story. Why they choose to is another matter, but the main difference is that they can.

There is the Commission itself but they appear to be toothless in terms of on field matters.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
A little, Cripps gets held off the ball - free kick. Straight after, Serong gets held off the ball, no free.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Seems like every time I tune into a game , it’s a one sided blow out

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
PRe
So he likes the new rules, but doesn't like the results of the new rules?
Is this how AFL "journalists" criticise the AFL without risking their AFL Media accreditation, or is he just a *smile* wit? Hard to tell

Even use of inverted commas doesn't help categorise Tom Brownes contribution to footy. If he was the first one to report the offical crowd size he would call itBreaking News.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Bizarre results this week. Swans smash us. Bombers smash Saints. Blues smash Dockers. Eagles beat Port easily as well although many tipped they’d win just not the ease of it. Will be interesting to see it all come out in the wash at the end of round 23.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I wish we got some of these decisions like Carlton are getting, very very soft (no matter what King says) free for in the back right in front of goal.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I wish we got some of these decisions like Carlton are getting, very very soft (no matter what King says) free for in the back right in front of goal.
Players throwing themselves forward at the slightest hint of contact in the back in a tackle is a blight, and should be stamped out, not rewarded. That was a clear htb against Silvagni.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Players throwing themselves forward at the slightest hint of contact in the back in a tackle is a blight, and should be stamped out, not rewarded. That was a clear htb against Silvagni.

and yet King is saying it was clever. I think he got the word wrong, it was cheating. He threw himself forward to ensure the Freo player falls into his back, not the purpose of the rule but is constantly paid that way.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
and yet King is saying it was clever. I think he got the word wrong, it was cheating. He threw himself forward to ensure the Freo player falls into his back, not the purpose of the rule but is constantly paid that way.
Well, King would know all about cheating, sniping thug that he was.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
How clever is Walters, he just nutmegged Plowman with a handball, don't think I've ever seen that before.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Surprised that the Blues players and fans still remember the words to their song, they haven't sung it for a while :)

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Who'd want to coach GWS if/when Cameron goes? Too isolated from the heart of Aussie Rules.

Good to see the Canberrans out to watch our game at least.