Round 3: the goolie adjustment games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 3: the goolie adjustment games.

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Yet another game that is ruined as a spectacle by horrendous umpiring. As a neutral I don't care who wins but this putrid officiating is just jaw dropping it's so obvious. I wonder why clubs that are affected by it don't kick up more of a stink, because it happens regularly. Multiple games every week are blighted by it.

Reactions: 8 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Yet another game that is ruined as a spectacle by horrendous umpiring. As a neutral I don't care who wins but this putrid officiating is just jaw dropping it's so obvious. I wonder why clubs that are affected by it don't kick up more of a stink, because it happens regularly. Multiple games every week are blighted by it.
There’s 4 umps out there to make sure frees aren’t missed but they don’t miss frees to Cartoon as for Roos it’s ball up or play on

Reactions: 1 users

Jukes Extended 2.0

Tiger Cub
Jan 28, 2023
Lol so many crying about the umpiring in the Blues game. Didn't realise I was back in kindergarten.
North were terribly undisciplined, didn't really see frees paid that wasn't warranted.

A few were missed Norths way tho I'll give ya that

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Norf got the Richmond treatment by the green maggots today. Almost worse than we did in that last quarter when we played Carlton. Six 50m penalties the Scum’s way. Wow….

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Crows inside 50s are diabolical.
They have pushed all their players too far up.
Surely a small could run back into space?

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I know Fyfe was a good player at some point but I’m struggling to remember seeing it. He’s been making Griffens look like the better pick for many years now.

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Freo look well organised, particularly behind the ball. Certainly don't look like a bottom four team.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I know Fyfe was a good player at some point but I’m struggling to remember seeing it. He’s been making Griffens look like the better pick for many years now.
Lot of bad injuries. I actually thought the exact opposite, found myself thinking he's not the game breaking superstar he was, but he's still a bloody good player.

When fit, second only to Dusty in gamebreaking ability over the last 10 or 12 years.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Lot of bad injuries. I actually thought the exact opposite, found myself thinking he's not the game breaking superstar he was, but he's still a bloody good player.

When fit, second only to Dusty in gamebreaking ability over the last 10 or 12 years.
At his peak he was sublime.
I remember we had a massive crack at him in early 2010s
Amazing player.
Had he played in a Melbourne team he would be hailed more.

Reactions: 2 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
its becoming more and more obvious that the AFL have preferred results, and will use the ambiguity of the rules, to try and manipulate them.

I used to think that was a ridiculous theory, and i still struggle to think it could be true, but i am starting to wonder.

Surely soneone like Mick Warner wouldve exposed it by now if it was true