Round 4: the root canal games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 4: the root canal games.

Oldie he must go for that. Stuck his arm out and jumped off the ground. Baker went for less IMO as he was contesting the ball then pulled up. Reckon he gets a week as Pickett has form doing this type of stuff.
He'll probably get a week because they stuffed up on his previous indiscretion but there was very little in that.

Reactions: 1 user
He'll probably get a week because they stuffed up on his previous indiscretion but there was very little in that.

Minimal hurt factor you're right but if they gave baker a week for a similar act in that oppo player cops a hit to the head but no one is injured they must follow their own guidelines. Anyway, we'll know soon enough.

When was Pickett ever a superstar :unsure: Fox Sports

Had root canal recently and was pleasantly surprised. In the past it was apparently very painful. This procedure though was just long and boring. No pain whatsoever.

Here's to long and boring games!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
On Adelaide. 6 years and counting since they last played finals and they still look years off. Rebuilds like any major project go over budget, fall behind schedule and sometimes just plain fail.

and yet people want us to go through this type of rebuild.

After 6 years down at the bottom, how many top line players do they have to show for it? Dawson, Rankine and Rachele will get there. How many others? Once Tex and Laird fully drop away they need their young uns to step up just to offset their impact rather than move them forwards.

Minimal hurt factor you're right but if they gave baker a week for a similar act in that oppo player cops a hit to the head but no one is injured they must follow their own guidelines. Anyway, we'll know soon enough.

When was Pickett ever a superstar :unsure: Fox Sports

Free kick for too high is all that is warranted. I think this is a very slippery slope.

free kick for too high is all that is warranted. I think this is a very slippery slope.

Yeah, years gone by but I thought the same about Baker that he would cop a fine. Personally think he cops a week for what the AFL are trying to do to stamp out these unnecessary jumps off the ground connecting with elbow or shoulder

Watched a Suns video of Dimma getting 3 players into the room for an alleged “meet the fans” but it really was to announce they’ll be making their debuts this weekend. Trouble was unless your an ardent Suns fan we had no idea who they were! No names were mentioned or captioned.

Their families were watching on Zoom and the only way I know 2 debutants are Clohessy and Read was that I could see the family members surnames on the Zoom footage. Was poorly done in my book. Badly edited, badly presented, lacked any of the emotion that usually goes with these debutant announcements.

Boring and bland alright. Families faces were like "WTF is this guy saying?"

Yeah, years gone by but I thought the same about Baker that he would cop a fine. Personally think he cops a week for what the AFL are trying to do to stamp out these unnecessary jumps off the ground connecting with elbow or shoulder
Pickett has form too.

geez that Rachele is a greedy little *smile*, burned team mates all night
He cost them a shot at winning in the last. Went one-handed to a beautiful pass to tex from Rankine. Then bombs away from 60. And tries a miracle goal. What a selfish git. If Tex kicks that goal I think they wouldf be 9 down with about 7 minutes left. The Dees were panicking too.

and yet people want us to go through this type of rebuild.

After 6 years down at the bottom, how many top line players do they have to show for it? Dawson, Rankine and Rachele will get there. How many others? Once Tex and Laird fully drop away they need their young uns to step up just to offset their impact rather than move them forwards.
I liked the look of Sam Berry (came on in last qtr?) and Worrell as a young defender. First time I have seen either play.

Berry looks like a bull. I see he was drafted in 2020 and has played 39 games. SHows how much I watch the crows.

So Friday night prime time and the AFL have an absolute blockbuster for you!

Brisbane v North!

Woo Hoo!

FMD

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Despite previous antics, I don't think Pickett should be suspended for that. Contact was minimal, even less than Bakes last week. It's a contact sport ffs. Where are we going here?

Disagree, Pickett raised his elbow and, yes, it is a contact sport, but it has always been a contact sport with a rule against contact to the head.

In any case, the AFL, for not just valid legal reasons but also for reasons of player safety, is now saying that contact with the head must be avoided at all costs.

If Baker goes for what what was clearly a football action and I reckon he did try to minimise any impact to the head, then Pickett should go for 2 weeks, but I would accept 1 week.

The issue, as always, will be consistency which the AFL has no concept of.

We will see what happens when (not if) Danger or Stewart iron someone out.

DS

Last edited:
How can football be played on a ground that is 30 metres thinner then the MCG?
It's a joke

Last edited:
Is it too early to say the rule of the week is to not ping any player for HTB?

Is it too early to go with a Norf thumping ?
lolnorf are getting fumped. Makes you wonder how long Clarko will last with this stupid club......but anyway, get ready for the Exciting Essendon Edge tonight!!!

• Haha