Round 6 Changes verses the Dees - ANZAC eve | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 6 Changes verses the Dees - ANZAC eve

Could possibly be a make or break game for RCD. Hope he grabs his opportunity.
That’s ridiculous thinking. Is still a kid who lost 2 years of development. Get him in there playing on a regular basis and get him to 30 games as quickly as possible. Will be a player, just needs time at AFL.

Reactions: 10 users
That’s ridiculous thinking. Is still a kid who lost 2 years of development. Get him in there playing on a regular basis and get him to 30 games as quickly as possible. Will be a player, just needs time at AFL.
Yeh he’s performed well at senior level

Reactions: 1 user
I truly don't understand the RCD selection.

If we're choosing on form, he's about 6th in line. If we're choosing positionally, he doesn't replace any of the outs.

We may be selecting him because we need to see what he can do at the level. But if it's the last chance saloon, they've chosen the most dangerous drinking spot in the worst part of town.

We are screaming out for a big-bodied mid. Dimma said the crows got like 10 goals from stoppages, that's insane. We are getting killed in and around the contests and RCD is a big-bodied mid (191 cms), we know he goes hard at it and can win his own ball. I still hold out hope for RCD and by all reports, he is working on his deficiencies. In footy terms, he is very young, he will play his 10th game.

RD 3 was his quietest but as a whole, I think he has been pretty solid.

RD 1 - 15 Disposals, 1 goal, 3 clearances and 13 tackles
RD 2 – 24 Disposals, 6 tackles, 5 clearances
RD 3 – 13 Disposals, 1 goal, 3 tackles, 3 clearances
RD 4 – 25 Disposals, 4 tackles, 4 clearances

Steven Morris report on Collier Dawkins's last game V Blues

Riley Collier-Dawkins (25 disposals, four tackles, four clearances)

"It was a real step forward for Riley in terms of his hunt for the footy. He's based his game heavily on defence lately, but it was good to see him get a lot more offensively involved."

Reactions: 4 users
I truly don't understand the RCD selection.

If we're choosing on form, he's about 6th in line. If we're choosing positionally, he doesn't replace any of the outs.

We may be selecting him because we need to see what he can do at the level. But if it's the last chance saloon, they've chosen the most dangerous drinking spot in the worst part of town.
I hear you.His selection doesn't fill me with any confirdence.
Hopefully gets a few games to see what he's got.

Fair enough, Ghost
Was thinking along the lines that if RCD has a poor game then he's pretty quickly back to the VFL team I imagine.
I want him to succeed, I do.
Think he's got some good attributes but he is taking his time becoming a regular AFL player.

Reactions: 2 users
Yep I hope they give RCD a few games. At least I got one request in selection this week - Parker, Ross and aarts cannot be all in the team together, it's a recipe for loss. Ross is very lucky that Pickett is injured.

Is anyone confident of winning this game?
I'm not, and expect the demons to run all over us.
That's my negative side coming our based on the game against the Crows.
I have said it in other posts, who is going to kick goals for us if Balta goes to backline?
Reiterate again. Jack is only a shadow of the past and Lynch is not exactly looking like Coleman medal winner is he?
Who then kicks the goals?

We are screaming out for a big-bodied mid. Dimma said the crows got like 10 goals from stoppages, that's insane. We are getting killed in and around the contests and RCD is a big-bodied mid (191 cms), we know he goes hard at it and can win his own ball. I still hold out hope for RCD and by all reports, he is working on his deficiencies. In footy terms, he is very young, he will play his 10th game.

"It was a real step forward for Riley in terms of his hunt for the footy. He's based his game heavily on defence lately, but it was good to see him get a lot more offensively involved."
I understand that the MC have been trying to get RCD to improve the defensive part of his game, and that it is important.
But when Nank is a whisker off being our 3rd best clearance player this year we need to do something about it.

I hope RCD gets a decent amount of game time, for successive weeks, and is told his main focus is to win clearances, lets see what he can do.

At the moment i don't care if he doesn't, or can't run defensively, I'd rather he win a clearance and then run forward, that's what we need.

I suspect that if he is told to plays to his strengths, he might just surprise us.

Kids apparently done all he has been asked plus started the season with rib injury. Amazed anyone is against his inclusion

Reactions: 4 users
RCD has got his chance to step up this week so hope he takes it. If not then others will go past him in the pecking order. A make or break season
RCD has been named in the 2's as has Rhyan Mansell.
BacksBen Miller46Tylar Young48Bigoa Nyuon47
Half-BacksWill Martyn36Rhyan Mansell31Lachlan Street 55
CentrelineAustin Johnson70Tyler Sonsie29Sam Banks34
Half-ForwardsMaurice Rioli49Judson Clarke43Sydney Stack44
ForwardsMykelti Lefau72Matthew Parker37Cameron Olden58
FollowersSamson Ryan20Riley Collier-Dawkins26Jake Aarts16
Interchange:Jackson Davies71Nick Guiney62Misilifi Faimalo64
Bailey Henderson66Angus Hicks52
Emergencies:Nathan Oakes57Jack Sexton76Tom Brindley61
John Jorgenson40Jackson Bowne80Matthew Bartlett53
Tom Bracher74Sam Tucker73

RCD has been named in the 2's as has Rhyan Mansell.
BacksBen Miller46Tylar Young48Bigoa Nyuon47
Half-BacksWill Martyn36Rhyan Mansell31Lachlan Street55
CentrelineAustin Johnson70Tyler Sonsie29Sam Banks34
Half-ForwardsMaurice Rioli49Judson Clarke43Sydney Stack44
ForwardsMykelti Lefau72Matthew Parker37Cameron Olden58
FollowersSamson Ryan20Riley Collier-Dawkins26Jake Aarts16
Interchange:Jackson Davies71Nick Guiney62Misilifi Faimalo64
Bailey Henderson66Angus Hicks52
Emergencies:Nathan Oakes57Jack Sexton76Tom Brindley61
John Jorgenson40Jackson Bowne80Matthew Bartlett53
Tom Bracher74Sam Tucker73

I guess the IT guys didn't update the reserves team once Collier Dawkins and Mansell were included in the final team announcement yesterday.

Structure is exactly like the GF V Geelong

6 changes

Dusty RCD
Houli MANSELL
lambert. DOW
Pickett ROSS
Grimes GIBCUS
Astbury TARRANT
Yes structure is similar but the talent and experience difference might be just a tad lopsided