Round 6: The Holden Gemini games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 6: The Holden Gemini games.

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Can’t believe these spuds are 4-2. Good job umps, good job. If that was us, they would have blown the whistle instantly. HTB!

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Actually a pretty good game of footy except fot the result. Soligo & Durham are excellent pickups for both clubs. I love the way Durham plays. Two way footballer.

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Dorks, Aints, Dogs and Cows are the wins. That's what happens with easy fixtures.
I just had a look at their fixture.

Wow.

Doesn’t really get hard until back end of season.

They’ve had two under one goal wins against middling sides and really towelled up the dogs as a good win. Percentage tells you what you need to know.

Maybe they get eighth and get pumped in another final.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Biker Mice from Mars laying on the footy at the end.

Said it once but I'll say it again - AFL footy is the only elite sporting comp in the world where the rules are adjudicated to depending on the time and circumstances of the match.

Weak as p1ss from the umpires there. Disgraceful.

Watch Walker cop a fine for having something to say at the end, too.

There are plenty of examples to draw on, but taking into account the Carlton-Freo game a couple of weeks ago where the Dockers were completely robbed at the death and now this, surely something gives.

The standard of umpiring for a so-called 'elite' sporting competition is atrocious, lamentable and a complete farce.

From a purist point of view, the AFL is getting less watchable as a product year by year.

Reactions: 9 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Should have been 50 to the crows then, guy ran through the protected area

Rachele, joisus, sleeps with the lights on
Just another big rule change that the tossers claimed so 'changed the game for the better' BS ... now wound back and almost ignored.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Actually a pretty good game of footy except fot the result. Soligo & Durham are excellent pickups for both clubs. I love the way Durham plays. Two way footballer.
Both couldve been Tigers as well.................................. moreso Durham

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Might check out the Crows board on Big Footy , should be on fire right now .........................................

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Biker Mice from Mars laying on the footy at the end.

Said it once but I'll say it again - AFL footy is the only elite sporting comp in the world where the rules are adjudicated to depending on the time and circumstances of the match.

Weak as p1ss from the umpires there. Disgraceful.

Watch Walker cop a fine for having something to say at the end, too.

There are plenty of examples to draw on, but taking into account the Carlton-Freo game a couple of weeks ago where the Dockers were completely robbed at the death and now this, surely something gives.

The standard of umpiring for a so-called 'elite' sporting competition is atrocious, lamentable and a complete farce.

From a purist point of view, the AFL is getting less watchable as a product year by year.
100% agree.
In EPL if it's a penalty it's a penalty no matter what.
It's ridiculous how they have a license for "the feel of the game".
That's where the problem is.
The AFL is a *smile* *smile* show

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I hate Essendon as much as the next guy, and get frustrated with the umps more than most, but I don't think it was at the extreme end of the scale, and it isn't hard to find examples that are. Could have gone either way. And context matters, crows had had a few crude goes at drawing a free leading up to it.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I hate Essendon as much as the next guy, and get frustrated with the umps more than most, but I don't think it was at the extreme end of the scale, and it isn't hard to find examples that are. Could have gone either way. And context matters, crows had had a few crude goes at drawing a free leading up to it.
Disagree Snake. Jumps on the footy and lays dead. No attempt. That’s a free every day of the week.

The Crows played for the free and rightly so weren’t given one. But that doesn’t mean they get penalised for the blatant obvious.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I wouldn't call it an obvious free. Adelaide were staging and trying to draw frees for the last couple of minutes, free could have gone either way. If it had been paid Adelaide would have been fortunate.
Yer, I have to agree. It was so bad it was funny at the end IMO. Sure, Draper might have been pinged - he actually had time to take possession, get up and try to dispose of it perhaps, would have been tackled most likely, for another time-killing stoppage.

But lots of errors and staging, especially Tex, at the end. So I think Crows copped their just desserts. (Not at all fond of the Druggies but I took them in my family-comp tips to catch the leader, so pretty happy).

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Sure it should've been a free kick against Draper, but **** I enjoyed watching Tex Wanker sooking about it.