Round 6 VFL - Coburg v Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 6 VFL - Coburg v Richmond

Imagine if he had have played 4 quarters!

His first half was poor. 3 or 4 kicks, 1 or 2 tackles and 1 or 2 points - one of which was a dribble kick that hit the post from 10-15 metres out.
His direct opponent (#9 for Coburg) had double the possessions most of which were uncontested and effective. While Cumbo was just jogging around by himself at the start of the game, his oppo was running from contest to contest, getting involved and helping to create turnovers from contests on their half back line.
Combo went to the bench mid to late in the first, and after that was staying much closer to his opponent.
He did have a couple of really good kicks that set up Kosi and Samson (I think) for goals in the second. His field kicking can be really good.

He should have owned the third quarter, was getting more involved, but missed some gettable goals and, as others mentioned, burned some teammates in better positions.
I was standing behind the benches in the last quarter, and it was good to see he was in good spirits when he came off for a rest, having a joke with the coaches, and then seeing his teammates get around him when he finally got his goal showed that he’s popular with the group.

I’m not a hater, but you can see from his first half what’s keeping him back.
I’d love to see him in the firsts, but there is definitely no conspiracy going on that’s preventing him getting selected.

Based on his second half, he’s not far away.
Good summary. Saves me typing pretty much the same. And yes I was there as well.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

..... , didn’t see a lot of Smith or Trezise today In the bits I watched , however just good to see those 200 gamers out on the park.

Smith was in and under a lot in and the "swooper/spare out the back", so not as obvious at times. Trezise ("Trigger") was held out of the 1st quarter and then on heavily managed minutes. Was gassed late in the 3rd quarter. So needed that run just to blow some cobwebs out. His one-on one stuff was good. As was Brindley's.

Reactions: 3 users
What did you think of his first half? Was he the highest ranking player with 3 kicks and a point?

This will be my last on this as we are leading into tomorrow's game.

I dont look solely at his first half I look at his OVERALL game which was damn good and was rated our best and 4th best overall

Now if he had a bad first half and a bad 2nd half then he's had a crap game throughout, so no argument.

Btw did you critique anyone else's first or second halves I haven't seen or just Cumberlands?

Reactions: 2 users
Just reading some comments on Coburg forward Will Bella who presented well today and kicked 4. Didn't realise he's from the Huns Academy and could be worth a rookie spot?

Reactions: 2 users
Just reading some comments on Coburg forward Will Bella who presented well today and kicked 4. Didn't realise he's from the Huns Academy and could be worth a rookie spot?

Yep, I was fairly impressed - there's a bit to like.

Reactions: 1 users