Round 9 Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 9 Other Games

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
i think we need to stop worrying about the pies and start worrying about brisbane and the eagles. 2 teams that get a massive advantage during the COVID season.
But it's fun putting **** on the Pies;)

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
i think we need to stop worrying about the pies and start worrying about brisbane and the eagles. 2 teams that get a massive advantage during the COVID season.
Yes, I know. Poort are travelling very well back home too. My focus has been partly avoiding thinking about the Lions because I'm worried about them. Nowhere near as confident of beatinng them as some on PRE.

They are a tougher, better side than last year IMHO and are twice as good at Gabba. So good it's our HG!? at least at Metricon. They still rely a lot on Cameron who is deadly around goals but now AFL's 2nd highest-scoring team. Several young players have improved like Rayner, McCluggage etc. Have a very strong midfield with Neale, Zorko and Berry getting a heap of the ball.
Down back, Andrews leads a decent defence. He is the rock that you have to dislodge. Lynch and Jack will have to stop him marking and disarming our attacks.
They have had a dream run with injuries until now. But Rich is likely to miss - only his kicking is a weapon - amd McStay suspended too. Their big loss is their ruckman, Martin, and now 2nd string, Archer, too. So McIrnerney must ruck (and thus much less time forward opposed to our diminished defence with no DTLD) - perfect match-up for Soldo, similar types.

So it's a good time to get them then although we are missing some stars. Cotch must play to give us a strong chance and getting V1 back will be huge too. Expecting a really hard, tough, close contested game. Our FL has to go up another notch and the side that takes its chances will win.

Reactions: 1 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Just quoting you all so you get a notification about this, as I will spruik this until the offer is dead as I hate Murdoch and will never give him any money, here's a way to get three months of free Kayo (and it comes with the ability to watch on two screens, so my father uses the account from his place as well). I do this and then stream to my TV:
Legend.... works and done

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The whole season is being set up for Port West Coast and Brisbane.

One only has to look at the ladder.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
LOLCollingwood ..........Freo Heave Ho ha ha ha.

Admittedly they do actually have some of their best players out also, but its still good to have them out of top 4 contention, any loss for them is wonderful.

Tigers beat the Bears this week and things start turning our way.

WCE looking likely to meet us in in QLD not Perth in the last group of games(they will sook about that dont worry).

Last edited:

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
LOLCollingwoof ..........Freo Heave Ho ha ha ha.

Admittedly they do actually have some of their best players out also, but its still good to have them out of top 4 contention, any loss for them is wonderful.

Tigers beat the Bears this week and things start turning our way.

WCE looking likely to meet us in in QLD not Perth in the last group of games(they will sook about that dont worry).

Yes, can't wait for the so called experts to point out their "injuries" as an excuse.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
They just showed a games lost through injury table and they show us 4th best. Surely not with the length and quality of our outs?

I'm pretty sure this list showed that we had lost 14 games to injury. Does anyone have the screenshot of it?

Without really doing any analysis I've already got to 25, who in this list do they think are not best 22?

1596435384594.png

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
What I can't understand why hasn't both QLD
teams be made to travel more often to WA or SA lucky only one time they basically been home all the time which is laughable by the afl.We should have got the lions in SA and Port same week instead we got a 4 day breake and travel.

The eagles and dockers to played rounds 2 to 6 away surely the next fixture breakup there away from home.

Last edited:

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
What I can't understand why hasn't both QLD
teams be made to travel more often to WA or SA lucky only one time they basically been home all the time which is laughable by the afl.We should have got the lions in SA and Port same week instead we got a 4 day breake and travel.

I guess the AFL is keen to bring in as much income from local crowds as they can. The crowd at our game the other night was under 3000.

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I guess the AFL is keen to bring in as much income from local crowds as they can. The crowd at our game the other night was under 3000.

So favourable to both QLD teams.Surely they would get minium 3000k in SA or WA away from home to.Lets hope both eagles and freo next lot of fixtures there away to.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yes, I know. Poort are travelling very well back home too. My focus has been partly avoiding thinking about the Lions because I'm worried about them. Nowhere near as confident of beatinng them as some on PRE.

They are a tougher, better side than last year IMHO and are twice as good at Gabba. So good it's our HG!? at least at Metricon. They still rely a lot on Cameron who is deadly around goals but now AFL's 2nd highest-scoring team. Several young players have improved like Rayner, McCluggage etc. Have a very strong midfield with Neale, Zorko and Berry getting a heap of the ball.
Down back, Andrews leads a decent defence. He is the rock that you have to dislodge. Lynch and Jack will have to stop him marking and disarming our attacks.
They have had a dream run with injuries until now. But Rich is likely to miss - only his kicking is a weapon - amd McStay suspended too. Their big loss is their ruckman, Martin, and now 2nd string, Archer, too. So McIrnerney must ruck (and thus much less time forward opposed to our diminished defence with no DTLD) - perfect match-up for Soldo, similar types.

So it's a good time to get them then although we are missing some stars. Cotch must play to give us a strong chance and getting V1 back will be huge too. Expecting a really hard, tough, close contested game. Our FL has to go up another notch and the side that takes its chances will win.
Brisbane are the second-easiest team to score against once the ball goes inside 50. Andrews is a gun, the rest of their defenders not so much.

Their tall forwards are insignificant. With McStay out, their marking target is Rayner.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I'm pretty sure this list showed that we had lost 14 games to injury. Does anyone have the screenshot of it?

Without really doing any analysis I've already got to 25, who in this list do they think are not best 22?

View attachment 10150

Pundits probably dont count Higgo cos he hasn't played in either GF win I guess, but they cant argue the others.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Brisbane are the second-easiest team to score against once the ball goes inside 50. Andrews is a gun, the rest of their defenders not so much.

Their tall forwards are insignificant. With McStay out, their marking target is Rayner.

Agree, even with our outs we match up very well with Brisbane. Should be winning imo.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

Since I respect your astute football judgement, Spook, that is reassuring. However, I was impressed by how thay made a mess of the Bummers. Sure, many will say, but the Bummers are no good. Who have they beaten? Well, Colonwood for one, who we didn't early in the sesaon. But I concede they have had a fairly easy draw thus far.
OTOH, we have not beaten that much either: a fairly easy run of Swans, Roos and Dees. I posted pre-match that Dogs only just got over GCS. Us beating them is not a huge kill although we all loved seeing a semblance of the Premiers' game.
Still think Lions are a better team than 2019 but S. Martin out is a big plus for us. My natural approach is always to not get ahead of myself - saves the pain of a big letdown later.
But you 've given me reason for improved confidence. Hope it plays out that way. I think Brisvegas are thinking it might be their year with a high possibility of a Gabba GF. They handled Poort comfortably up there too.
Perhaps biggest challenge so far in '20 ... on-field?