Round 9: the duds who stand on a moving walkway games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 9: the duds who stand on a moving walkway games.

Nice to see Geelong beaten at Kardinia Park, very nice.

I only watched the last quarter but looking at the stats at half time Port were well ahead for frees, by the end of the game they are a few behind, did the umps change their bias? One could speculate that the team playing better at each stage of the game was getting more frees, but somehow that never worked for us when we were in our prime.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Nice to see Geelong beaten at Kardinia Park, very nice.

I only watched the last quarter but looking at the stats at half time Port were well ahead for frees, by the end of the game they are a few behind, did the umps change their bias? One could speculate that the team playing better at each stage of the game was getting more frees, but somehow that never worked for us when we were in our prime.

DS

Silly question DS. :mhihi

• Haha
IIRC, frees were 6-12 for the Pussies and now finished 19-17. How's that for support....

Reactions: 3 users
Going to be a long season for the old fella's , I expect them to fall away
Agree. I reckon around rd 15 they'll bottom out. Their strength and conditioning will then try get them back up for rd 22+

Big night for *smile* Tracey against quality opposition. 6 kicks, no contested marks, 1.1.

Bit different to when you can feast on the second last team and get 3 in junk time.

Big night for *smile* Tracey against quality opposition. 6 kicks, no contested marks, 1.1.

Bit different to when you can feast on the second last team and get 3 in junk time.
Da Freo dumb coach was interviewed at half time. You would get a better insight in to his teams performance from a turtle.

With a bit of help from the umps too.

Will the afl issue a please explain to Geelong for Cameron not coming off for a SCAT? Or did I miss him coming off?

I saw a medico go to him a couple of times but didn’t see him come off the field. I thought they revised video footage to determine if they wanted to examine a player. Doesn’t the afl have a doctor there on hand to review video footage as well?

Will the media raise this, like they’ve done with other clubs?

I see Salty was complaining in his presser about the time players have to get rid of the ball when the player has prior opportunity and is tackled.
He is right but it is typical Salty, never raises these things when they win

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
I see Salty was complaining in his presser about the time players have to get rid of the ball when the player has prior opportunity and is tacked.
He is right but it is typical Salty, never raises these things when they win
Yep. Saw the clip of him giving a 5 monologue on umpires and how the decisions they made that didn’t go Geelongs way were wrong but it’s ok because he prefaced it with “I know the umpires have a hard game to umpire”

Remember when Dimma was labelled a whinger….

Reactions: 6 users
As an aside I know it isn’t that usual to praise opposition players on here but today is Callan Ward’s 300th game.

He is the sort of player I would have loved to see at the Tigers. Hard and tough, skilled and very consistent and dependable. Awesome player and a terrific career.

He may end up with a premiership in the end as well.

Reactions: 10 users
As an aside I know it isn’t that usual to praise opposition players on here but today is Callan Ward’s 300th game.

He is the sort of player I would have loved to see at the Tigers. Hard and tough, skilled and very consistent and dependable. Awesome player and a terrific career.

He may end up with a premiership in the end as well.
He’s been a consistently good player over those 300 games. And seems to be a genuine decent person as well. He’s been a great pickup for GWS! Probably more than they hoped for. Player, leader and decent person who represents his club very well.

Reactions: 4 users
Will the afl issue a please explain to Geelong for Cameron not coming off for a SCAT? Or did I miss him coming off?

I saw a medico go to him a couple of times but didn’t see him come off the field. I thought they revised video footage to determine if they wanted to examine a player. Doesn’t the afl have a doctor there on hand to review video footage as well?

Will the media raise this, like they’ve done with other clubs?
Apparently they did a brain scan, and found nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Watching Dawks v Sinners
How much is Max King getting paid whatever it is it’s overs

Reactions: 2 users