Round Whatever. The Other Games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round Whatever. The Other Games.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Just rewatched the Catpitulation..... a couple of observations ....

Selwood has gone from a champion footballer to a ducking, throwing cheat!

Hawkins is a weak *smile*.... pinned Olivers arms and took him to ground. .. then pretended to help him up.

And Oliver is an absolute star... hope they win it all, our MCG brothers!

watch when Selwood kicks for touch with a minute to go, and looks around for the ump, all in one action, and demonstratively punches his fist in an over-acted

'dang, missed my target'

If you havnt watched it PRE'ers,

watch the final 2 minutes clip on AFL.com and marvel at the procession of inconsistencies in Hocking's team's favour.

there's 3 in the final minute.

Selwood defensive DOOB not paid, Brawshaws offensive DOOB paid, Lever short changed 10% of the distance on his 50m penalty (in the umps mind) a kick for goal to win the match.

The first two are indefensible, but would be defended by @The Big Richo. The last one, is empirical, quantifiable, incompetent and/or corrupt, and is indefensible.

The ruling ump says to the downfield ump 'Mark is at the 45. Forty-five. 45'. you can hear it clearly. The downfield ump can hear it. theres no crowd, see.

so the ump either A) sets the mark at 49m (in context, 45 is a world of difference from 49 for a kick to win the match and decide the minor premiership) or B) the ump sets the mark timidly at 45m, and the Geelong player creeps 4m forward, and its clearly another 50m and a kick from the goal line.

If it was A) then I can think theres 4 possible explanations, none of which are good. 1) that this umpire cant discriminate between 5 and 1 metre, or 2) cant subtract 5 from 50, 3) doesnt understand English and has severe numerical dyslexia and does not know what '45' means or, 4) he wanted Geelong to win, for whatever reason, and decided to make Lever's kick significantly less likely to succeed.

The adjudication of this minute of footy, if it had worked and sent Melbourne to Adelaide,

was ordered of magnitude worse than the added 26 seconds in Brisbane IMHO.

The final minute at GBHMDMA last night had a very real potential to decide the 2021 premier, such were the stakes and context

and the UMPS made 3 (three) huge, incorrect/inconsistent calls in Geelong favour, in 60 seconds.

and the one important call they made for The Dees, they had no option to not pay.

and all this, in the context of 1. a neutrals POV and 2. it not succeeding.

get *smile* Hocking

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Do we go for the saints so they jump above us? Or the Dockers then hope the bombers lose and miss the finals?
I'm conflicted.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
So we’re barracking for a pick one spot higher at the expense of ensuring Arsendon making the 8. Geez tough call….

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
So we’re barracking for a pick one spot higher at the expense of ensuring Arsendon making the 8. Geez tough call….

I'll take an Essendon shafting any day.

The next Dusty will still be there at 8

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I think I’ve got the solution to this dilemma. We barrack for St.Dillda to win so we get the earlier pick and then barrack for Bumwood to beat Arsendon so that Arsendon realise that their finals foray is a complete waste of time and they are destined to continue their 17 year stretch of no finals wins.

There. Simple. Well done me. Time for a beer.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Dwayne actually used the word “throw.” Whole crowd knew it too. But of course it was play on.

Never have I seen this game in such a pathetic state where rules and officiating is concerned.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think I’ve got the solution to this dilemma. We barrack for St.Dillda to win so we get the earlier pick and then barrack for Bumwood to beat Arsendon so that Arsendon realise that their finals foray is a complete waste of time and they are destined to continue their 17 year stretch of no finals wins.

There. Simple. Well done me. Time for a beer.

Ive got a better scenario...

Freo win, denying Essendon a finals berth.

then StKilda take the next Jordan Galluci at Pick 7,

and we take the next Trent Cotchin at Pick 8?

Then, Longmure is forced to play Adam Cerra in an elimination final, Cerra does a plantar fascia syndesmosis hyper extension* of the brain,

and Carlton pay him $1.5m to rehab for 2 years.

* injury for comedic effect only, I'd never wish injury on a footballer other than Joel Selwood or Tom Hawkins or Jezza in a prelim,

• Haha

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Dwayne actually used the word “throw.” Whole crowd knew it too. But of course it was play on.

Never have I seen this game in such a pathetic state where rules and officiating is concerned.
You do know he would have ignored it if it was the cats?!

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I hope it’s just me, however the more games I watch the more I find the game boring and frustrating in its inconsistent ruling. Hopefully some good games in September will rekindle

Reactions: 6 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Do we go for the saints so they jump above us? Or the Dockers then hope the bombers lose and miss the finals?
I'm conflicted.

Its hard to look away from keeping the Bombers out of finals. Its going to be a great day when they draft someone that wasn't even born the last time they won a final.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Its hard to look away from keeping the Bombers out of finals. Its going to be a great day when they draft someone that wasn't even born the last time they won a final.
That can still happen even if they get in. Reckon the Dogs will drop an EF to them?