Round Whatever. The Other Games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round Whatever. The Other Games.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Footscray are cooked.

Dockers will balls up this Saints game. Bombers will beat the Dogs in the first final. All good things unfortunately must come to an end.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Footscray are cooked.

Dockers will balls up this Saints game. Bombers will beat the Dogs in the first final. All good things unfortunately must come to an end.

disagree.

I think there are 3 tiers in the final 8.

the last 4 years, its been broadly 2 -teirs. Richmond, and the other 7.

this year, I reckon its

Dees, Cats (made pretty empirical last night)

Port, Dogs, Lions, Swans, GWS,

Bombers, Freo

and I dont reckon we will see too many tier below victories

I always like seeing the 2 best sides in the GF, even if one of them is Geelong.

So I hope Dees and cats win the Q finals, and stay on opposite sides of the draw.

Last year, Tigers and Port were the 2 best IMO.

I hate a soft and a hard prelim

Reactions: 1 user

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
disagree.

I think there are 3 tiers in the final 8.

the last 4 years, its been broadly 2 -teirs. Richmond, and the other 7.

this year, I reckon its

Dees, Cats (made pretty empirical last night)

Port, Dogs, Lions, Swans, GWS,

Bombers, Freo

and I dont reckon we will see too many tier below victories
I hope you're right!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
So we’re barracking for a pick one spot higher at the expense of ensuring Arsendon making the 8. Geez tough call….

Yep and I am barracking for Adelaide and Pies, if they win they will both jump GC and our pick will move from 40 to 38, won't happen but it is my only interest in remaining games.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
i have to admit the thought of the Dogs beating the bombers by 10 goals next week is almost as appealing as them missing all together.
As long as they don't win a final, that day when they draft someone who wasn't born the last time they won a final will be a glorious one.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Just read up here in Brisbane that apparently an extra 26 seconds was mistakenly added to the clock in the last qtr of Lions-Eagles game.

Thats the difference between top 4 or not for the locals.

AFL contacted for comment - no response as yet
As I keep saying, AFL is a rort. It's a rigged competition. What further proof needed? How can this be allowed? How could it happen - just this week and match?
I saw a poster saying Q4 went for 40 mins. Thought he must have been totally joking. How long did it really go for, anyone know at hand?

Feb 25, 2007
Pic 7 is ours. Well done Saints. Can't see Freo kicking 6-7 goals in the last qtr to snatch it.

Dead rubber between pies v bombers. No point bombers going in too hard, finals now assured.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
i have to admit the thought of the Dogs beating the bombers by 10 goals next week is almost as appealing as them missing all together.
Yep getting slapped and thrown out of the finals week 1 not only would be satisfying but would also extend their no win finals record :))

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ive got a better scenario...

Freo win, denying Essendon a finals berth.

then StKilda take the next Jordan Galluci at Pick 7,

and we take the next Trent Cotchin at Pick 8?

Then, Longmure is forced to play Adam Cerra in an elimination final, Cerra does a plantar fascia syndesmosis hyper extension* of the brain,

and Carlton pay him $1.5m to rehab for 2 years.

* injury for comedic effect only, I'd never wish injury on a footballer other than Joel Selwood or Tom Hawkins or Jezza in a prelim,
Thats some diagnosis there man :mhihi strong like !!

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yep. Saw it on Sunday Footy Show this morning. The clock stopped when the Lions had to kick that extra point to gain top 4. Someone's gotta pull the strings in this league.
I've seen two replays and don't see how it was awarded a point anyway. Felt sure it went either over the post or drifted wide and right. Another highly dubious decision IMO.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
I'm all-in on the 'Pies today. Hoping like buggery they and Freo get it done!!!

Can see the 'Pies winning though, and Freo being Freo and going to water when there's something to play for.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time"

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Pic 7 is ours. Well done Saints. Can't see Freo kicking 6-7 goals in the last qtr to snatch it.

Dead rubber between pies v bombers. No point bombers going in too hard, finals now assured.
Nice. If Carlton played a bit better at the end of the season could have received our trusty nbr 6.

• Wow

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Freo being Freo. A chance to make the finals and they completely *smile* the bed and cop a 10 goal rogering.

What a shithouse and irrelevant club.

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Didn't watch the game, Ezy so I have no idea what happened but I'll give you the general criteria for a DOOB.

Firstly, only judge the result. Not whether it was a skill error or under pressure. We don't adjudicate ideas, we adjudicate results.

So if you cause the ball to cross the boundary, there has to be a legitimate alternate option you were trying to execute. That can really only be scoring or having a team mate in the vicinity of the ball who legitimately could have received it.

If you apply those criteria then you'll have your answer as to the correctness of the decision.

Selwoods, while he clearly wanted the boundary, had a teammate under pressure he 'missed'. So possibly fair enough.

brayshaws was a soccer out of congestion, going i50

pretty much zero chance under any possible scenario he intended it to go out.

there was 60 seconds to go, theyre 2 points down, trying not to go to Adelaide, with heaps of demons i50

2 rulings on the same rule, by the same ump, in 10 seconds, contradicting each other.

Watch the last 2mins and tell me what you think. Listen to the umps instructions on the Lever 50