Round Whatever. The Other Games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round Whatever. The Other Games.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
If Port weren't massive chokers they'd have it shot to bits. What percentage of clutch shots has Travis Boak missed over his career? Is it 90? (Haha as I type he hits the snap after missing the easy set shot.) Marshall could have played on and ran into an open goal, went back and missed.

I was going to warn you against betting on a match between the two biggest frauds in the comp.
Came on here to post what a gun Boak is . 31 possessions ... some great contested marks. Still going strong 15 ? years into his career.

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Sucked in dogs you throwing cheating head ducking sucks
Share that sentiment. But don't tell me you kept watching this 'awful' stuff until the end!? :rotfl2

It came down to the last minute and 2 points after Dogs ahead for virtually the whole game. Look how much was riding on it; Dogs just threw away any flag chance probably and Poort win a home final.

To cap off a weird season ... and it's still anyone's.

Reactions: 1 user

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Macrae had 29 touches. And completely no influence. Most overrated player going around.
I think you'll find we refer to him on PRE by his correct title of "Crumples"

You're right though, super overrated spud.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Came on here to post what a gun Boak is . 31 possessions ... some great contested marks. Still going strong 15 ? years into his career.
He was huge in the last quarter, fair play. He just seems to miss a lot of set shots in close last quarters.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Macrae had 29 touches. And completely no influence. Most overrated player going around.
Gaff, MacRae, Merrett and Mitchell, all left foot, high possession winners who just run between the arcs, largely without opponents, and get lots of cheap ball but don't hurt the oppo much.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Poort were undoubtedly wasteful in front of goal (much like another team I know this year!) but Boak was arguably BOG, or Wines. Ganged up on Bont totally after Q1. MD's post above says it all about McRae.

Boak is a clutch player.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
He was huge in the last quarter, fair play. He just seems to miss a lot of set shots in close last quarters.
You're probably right, or just have a better memory than me nowadays. :D

But at least he's willing to go for a goal, and can still get them from over 50m out. Whereas our captain is so lacking in daring that he passes off from anywhere outside 30m, often for a turnover or a team-mate on a worse angle. That's not leadership.

Still love Cotch and totally respect him, but that aspect of his game, and Short's run-by-give-it-to-me misses, really pissed me off this year.

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Port could easily win into a GF, with Adelaide Oval finals,

But I think theyde be one of the most ordinary grand finalists in recent memory.

Dees beat Cats will send them to an Adelaide Q final won't it?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
So Port will have a home final, whilst other teams who also have earned a home final will be shunted off to an interstate venue.

This season has been a complete joke on so many levels
2 years in a row.
They play at home in front of a crowd.
They won't win it

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

But I think theyde be one of the most ordinary grand finalists in recent memory.

Yeh they are real average. And Dixon is a complete myth. He forgot how to use his hands. What a pathetic game he played.
They lose their first final.
I think one of the 5-8 teams will be in the GF.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

The loser of Cats-Dees will play Port at AO and flog them.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Loved the bulldogs being penalised for throwing last night. I think I saw at least 3 frees paid for throws. A couple of Macrae specials were missed but hopefully umps start picking more up.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Win their first two home finals n Pordadalayde might even get a home Granny this year. Gilligan's going to have to organise a ground to play the Granny on soon. Probably only three viable stadiums at the moment n that dribbler in charge of W.A. might simply make things impossible to use their stadium again.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
There were some very ordinary players playing last night.
Vandemeeerr jibbed it twice in the last qtr. he could've made it to mark 15 out directly in front but allowed the ball to bounce.
And then on the wing, he went in half hearted and he dropped the mark.
He won't be playing next week.
What happened to Troy Ugle Hagan?