Sam Kerr - police charge discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sam Kerr - police charge discussion

Reverse racism is bogus and IMO is likely to have been an allegation raised by a racist themselves.
Seriously, he has surely encountered worse than that as a copper on a daily basis, (just not someone famous), obviously picked the wrong profession, maybe should have been an umpire, "white maggot" ;)
Disorderly conduct yeah, but doubt anything else will stick.
Reverse racism is alive and well mate
I think the term “white” maggot came from their previous white uniforms. Not their skin colour.. Now they’re “green” maggots or “yellow” maggots.

The rest of your post, yeah some people are thin skinned. But that’s the way society goes these days.

Reactions: 1 user
Racism is about exerting power on the basis of race. Whites have, and still are, presented as a somehow superior race.

Reverse racism is bogus.

DS

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
it is hard to know without detail but racism is complicated,

I suspect Sam Kerr has been a victim of racism or at the very least racist abuse in her life as most people with brown skin have.

Calling someone who has been a victim of racism something which is racially motivated is imo different to someone like me being called a white bastard. I have come from position of privilege, if someone said that to me I would be more confused than anything else.

That being said it is very hard to judge with so little facts

Reactions: 2 users
it is hard to know without detail but racism is complicated,

I suspect Sam Kerr has been a victim of racism or at the very least racist abuse in her life as most people with brown skin have.

Calling someone who has been a victim of racism something which is racially motivated is imo different to someone like me being called a white bastard. I have come from position of privilege, if someone said that to me I would be more confused than anything else.

That being said it is very hard to judge with so little facts

I'm a minority where I live, but it doesn't stop the majority race from calling me racist when they think it suits them in a debate.

But in Kerr's case it's also the intent. As you say, she's most likely been the victim of racism for being brown and a good chance she said what she said, drunk, with racist intent.

Underneath it all though is that the charge brought against her is a joke. No doubt London cops get called a lot worse without ever thinking of pressing these charges. Add in the fact that London police were found to be Institutionally racist and sexist, and this arrest seems like it is motivated by something completely different.

Reactions: 4 users
Underneath it all though is that the charge brought against her is a joke. No doubt London cops get called a lot worse without ever thinking of pressing these charges. Add in the fact that London police were found to be Institutionally racist and sexist, and this arrest seems like it is motivated by something completely different.
this.

and the incident happened 13 months ago
and won't go to trial until 2025
and it's a 4 day trial

???

spare me....

You don't have to be white to be racist. Racism is seen in every part of the world.

Never said you had to be white to be racist, did not imply it either.

What I am saying is that reverse racism, ie: racism against the race which has been perceived to be the superior race, is bogus.

DS

Never said you had to be white to be racist, did not imply it either.

What I am saying is that reverse racism, ie: racism against the race which has been perceived to be the superior race, is bogus.

DS
Just curious who casts judgment of who is the 'superior race?' Most races are mixed these days anyway. Nope racism is racism.

Reactions: 3 users
The race with the power - it is all about power. That has been the white race. If someone tried to be racist against me I would laugh, it just makes no sense.

DS
I feel were playing with semtantics again.

Kerr made a racist comment. I don't think that can be denied.

Institutional racism, systematic racism, is about power and oppression.

But making a statement negatively judging or denigrating on the basis of race is a racist comment.

Wondered if this was still about the Matildas....given the current events.

Agree that she's said something racist.
Reverse Racism doesn't exist. It's a construct made to enforce that white people are racist. Others are exceptions.
There's just racism. Doesn't matter what the originating person's race is, denigrating someone based on their race is racism.

Last edited:
Why not? Because one is called a “stupid white bastard“ one is called a “weak black bastard”

Tell me your reasons why it’s different.

One is a white male who said it. One is a darker skinned female who said it.

If you can prove to me that white people have suffered as badly as black people when it comes to slavery, segregation, the right to vote, lynchings and general human rights, then i will take back my statement.

In fact, I will double down by saying that Sam Kerr is being targeted by the Australian media because she is black, gay, female and plays a sport many Australians (especially boomers) are hostile towards. She is an easy target in that regard.

Lets also remember that she has has pleaded not guilty and they need to prove she actually spoke those words.

Reactions: 1 users
Without knowing all the detail, seems a stretch that this needs to go to court and clog up the legal system ?

Reactions: 2 users
If you can prove to me that white people have suffered as badly as black people when it comes to slavery, segregation, the right to vote, lynchings and general human rights, then i will take back my statement.

In fact, I will double down by saying that Sam Kerr is being targeted by the Australian media because she is black, gay, female and plays a sport many Australians (especially boomers) are hostile towards. She is an easy target in that regard.

Lets also remember that she has has pleaded not guilty and they need to prove she actually spoke those words.
You're conflating the argument Ian. No one is making those claims.

They're simply saying by including a racial description in an insult, you've gone from insulting someone to saying something racist. Not saying discrimination. Just something racist.

You're approach basically says no white person can ever be subjected to racism, because of history and because the system is inherently in favour of white people. That stance lacks a lot of nuance.

The race with the power - it is all about power. That has been the white race. If someone tried to be racist against me I would laugh, it just makes no sense.

DS
Agree with this. Hard to be insulted for being "white".

I wonder if part of this is that Kerr is the one in the position of power now? She has money/status/adulation etc etc etc. Do these things breed a bit of contempt?

You're approach basically says no white person can ever be subjected to racism, because of history and because the system is inherently in favour of white people. That stance lacks a lot of nuance.
Not sure anyone is saying a white person can ever be subject to racism but IMO it would be extremely rare.

A white copper in London gets called a stupid white bastard by a black woman and you expect him to be somehow racially hurt by this comment? You argue nuance, what must I be missing here?

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t have to prove anything to you. Stick to the facts not make up *smile* to suit your point

The Australian media didn’t charge her with anything. The rest of your statement is absolute nonsense. That had no part to play in what she said or didn’t say. Or the reason she was charged.
Allegedly, she was pissed, vomited in the taxi and the coppers were on the scene when she called one “a stupid white bastard”

If true, she just takes responsibility for her actions. You know, like an adult. As the rest of would have to do. Rather than as you portray her, a victim

Exactly. Apparently it is the coppers bodycam. Whether it is or not remains to be seen