Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I had a look at the replay of our recent draw and thought Samson looked the most likely. Definitely fatigued as the home wore on.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I had a look at the replay of our recent draw and thought Samson looked the most likely. Definitely fatigued as the home wore on.

yes I thought he did really well - the number of times he got two hands on the ball surprised me. A bit more work on his strength and fitness and he will mark those balls late in the game. I liked his ruck work as well.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Yeah he looked very good. Wasn't like he fatigued playing deep forward all day, he fatigued playing forward and ruck which is a role which requires a hell of a high level of fitness. Damned good signs from a first year player. He will get fitter and stronger and looks a great prospect.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Noticed that Colina was named to play but that did not eventuate.
Don't know anything about him except he is about 6 stories tall.
Wonder why he did not play?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Debuts this Friday v the Saints! Didn’t see that coming

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

BetterTigers

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2011
wow congratulations to the young man. Whilst his form has been good in the VFL, did not see that pick coming

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
More like Samson forward. Too raw and unconditioned for first ruck.

So, are we trying three tall forwards a week early or is one of CuJo, Marbs or Jack out?

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Wow, didn't see that coming.

I believe all of of CJ Mabs and Jack trained yesterday and didn't notice any leave the track early?.

Probably comes in to combat a legitimate two ruck combo of Marshall and Ryder whilst still being able to retain our 2 tall set up no matter which way we move the magnets.

Still surprised with rain forecast.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We're going for a reverse 2017 lineup for this finals campaign. 5 Talls, one short in our forward line.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Go well young fella. Club seems to be thrilled with what he has shown so far.

Think this will see CCJ play permanent forward.

Reactions: 1 users