Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Guided by the track watchers on this one. Ryan looks likely but needs a full development year yet. Miller might be more the one we consider this week.

Reactions: 4 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Yah, not seen much VFL, but he'd not run out a game at this point.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Guided by the track watchers on this one. Ryan looks likely but needs a full development year yet. Miller might be more the one we consider this week.
It’s Miller time.
Direct swap for Astbury.
If he can’t hold down a key post now, they may as well send him back to the bush.
Need to get a look at him

Reactions: 6 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
This guy is an interesting prospect. If he continues in the game he'll mature in three to seven years.

I like him. But I think we have invested far too much list space in talls at this stage.

I'd keep Ryan. But time we took some chances on smalls.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Every time I see Ryan play I fantasise about what we could get for CJ.
What’s your minimum for CCJ to be traded? Someone plonks it down on the table at 4pm on the last day of trade week and you say “DEAL”.

What is it?

And when do you think Ryan can replicate what CCJ is currently producing at AFL level?

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
CuJo would have clunked those marks in the last.

And been given frees for instead of against.

You simply can't buy that. (You have to plant someone of influence into the AFL before you can buy frees.)

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
What’s your minimum for CCJ to be traded? Someone plonks it down on the table at 4pm on the last day of trade week and you say “DEAL”.

What is it?

And when do you think Ryan can replicate what CCJ is currently producing at AFL level?
Mate, I dunno. How do you know unless you know what you could get with the draft pick? Pick 15 I'd be tempted, I suppose. Pick 10, you'd have to think long and hard. If you could get top 5 via CJ and our first, and you believed there was a generational mid or key forward available, you'd be mad not to.

Ryan's marking isn't as good as CJ's, but his movement's better. And he's 206cm. In a couple or three years he could be serious.

In any case, I'd be looking to Chol first if CJ goes.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Mate, I dunno. How do you know unless you know what you could get with the draft pick? Pick 15 I'd be tempted, I suppose. Pick 10, you'd have to think long and hard. If you could get top 5 via CJ and our first, and you believed there was a generational mid or key forward available, you'd be mad not to.

Ryan's marking isn't as good as CJ's, but his movement's better. And he's 206cm. In a couple or three years he could be serious.

In any case, I'd be looking to Chol first if CJ goes.
Why not keep both our forward line talls would be set for the next decade.I wouldn't even consider a top 10 pick CCJ is 21 will hit his peake mid twenties.Trade him we're back to square one no tall developing ready to step up your banking on Ryan bit to much way to early.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Sampson aged 20 turns 21 in December. So on the usual development time frame it will be another 3 seasons before he is at full AFL capacity

Lynch will be 29 in October.

So CCJ comes in now and partners Lynch for 2/3 seasons and then Sampson takes over from Lynch and he and CCJ dominate for 8 to 10 years

You know it makes sense

Reactions: 6 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Shaun Hampson had a rig like that ...................

I'll take our Samson thanks
Means little but Shaun Hampson just missed playing 100 AFL games (98) over a chequered 12 year career marred by injuries. Samson so far = 0.

You may take him but you'll have to come back many years from now to prove it a better choice.