Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Wow, Ryan to debut. Possibly a little early to debut given his age, but, if they clearly set expectations: such as - you will play mostly forward, or, you will play ruck and be on the bench for a fair but of the game as AFL is faster and harder, then a good idea. Just need to manage it in such a way that he does not get discouraged if the step up in level is too much at this stage. Still, Willie have a decent side so he wasn't up against spuds last week.

I like the taller set up. Suspect Rioli might be out. Aarts has been good this year and Castagna seems to be a lock in selection, he must have a role we can't do without.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
He has been up until recently. Good to see there appears to be a structural re-invention, because it’s been a little overdue.
No he hasnt,

Think Relton Roberts, think Sydney Stack, think Marlion Pickett, then think Mansell, Dow, Martyn, Aarts, Bakes, Jack Graham, Hugo etc etc

Not many of the above were touted to debut when they di

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I'm excited to see him play, I haven't paid a lot of attention to the VFL so I haven't seen him play before. I've only read reports on here of his potential. Hope he goes well!

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
No he hasnt,

Think Relton Roberts, think Sydney Stack, think Marlion Pickett, then think Mansell, Dow, Martyn, Aarts, Bakes, Jack Graham, Hugo etc etc

Not many of the above were touted to debut when they di

I mean specifically regarding structure and playing talls. CJ and/or Chol should have been played earlier to help out Nank, Jack and Lynch.

At our absolute best during this dynasty (after the bye in 2019) we played two rucks and two forwards. Not sure why with the new rules favouring marking players it took Lynch getting hurt to try it in 2021.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Unless there's an injury we don't know about, Ryan's debut means Dimma wants to see the three talls asap.

I'd suggest it's curtains for Caddy. If you're not tall in this side, you'll have to be quick. Aarts on thin ice too.

Reactions: 2 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
The farce is over!!!
1622699380098-png.12507

Good luck Samson!!! :cupgold

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Wow.

Didn't think he was that great on Sunday. Missed a few a marks and gave away a few free kicks.

Hope he slays it.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Wow, Ryan to debut. Possibly a little early to debut given his age, but, if they clearly set expectations: such as - you will play mostly forward, or, you will play ruck and be on the bench for a fair but of the game as AFL is faster and harder, then a good idea. Just need to manage it in such a way that he does not get discouraged if the step up in level is too much at this stage. Still, Willie have a decent side so he wasn't up against spuds last week.

I like the taller set up. Suspect Rioli might be out. Aarts has been good this year and Castagna seems to be a lock in selection, he must have a role we can't do without.

DS
Maybe a direct swap with Chol? I'll be curious to see the make up of the team. He's certainly a young player with talent, but didn't expect to see him this year at AFL level.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Steve Morris quoted on the club website… “It was a great opportunity for him to gain experience and grow as a player.”

Grow!
How tall is he gonna be when he stops?

• Haha