Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
We don't want to pump his tyres too much right now as he is still green although with shedloads of potential. Providing Nanks and Soldo stay fit and terrorise the opposition, I will be happy for Samson to learn his trade in the VFL next season

I still reckon Samson is a forward not a ruck so reckon he will be being groomed as our Jack replacement. He'll do most of that in the VFL this year, but wouldn't be surprised if he gets a few games.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I still reckon Samson is a forward not a ruck so reckon he will be being groomed as our Jack replacement. He'll do most of that in the VFL this year, but wouldn't be surprised if he gets a few games.
Me either. Hopefully if he does he’ll have a bit more experienced back up than he did this year.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Good agility for his size and good ceiling of potential. Look fwd to seeing him in the VFL this year, with Chol and CCJ gone he will be our go to fwd

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Good agility for his size and good ceiling of potential. Look fwd to seeing him in the VFL this year, with Chol and CCJ gone he will be our go to fwd

I wouldn't worrying about our ideal structure in the VFL I would give Samson the #1 ruck role and building up his tank, will help regardless of what position he eventually ends up playing.
We can plonk 7 foot Mate' at FF as see how he fares.

• Wow

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Not so sure about Samson as a forward. Might kick a few in the VFL, but in the AFL? Also that mop of hair gives me the heebie jeebies thinking of Ty Vickery:eek:

• Haha

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I wouldn't worrying about our ideal structure in the VFL I would give Samson the #1 ruck role and building up his tank, will help regardless of what position he eventually ends up playing.
We can plonk 7 foot Mate' at FF as see how he fares.
Just split Mate & Samson's fwd/ruck times 50/50 ot 60/40 if Mate needs to get his fitness upto speed

Good luck to the defenders trying to defend against a 213cm 110kgs giant in the goal square

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Good signings these ones - has barely played but we have seen enough in training/VFL to know we want him - he gets the surety of the contract and we get value because he doesn't have AFL games to inflate his price. Let's hope one day he towell's up CCJ (if the latter is still playing in a few years)!

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Good move, Samson is the sort of player we need to hold on to. Tall, potential to fit a key forward spot and maybe some ruck work.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'm Delilah-ted with the news that Samson has signed on for another 2 years.

From what I've seen of him in the magoos, he looks to be a talent.

Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
A lot of people were pretty hard on him after his debut but for a number of reasons I’m backing him to be a pretty solid player for us eventually.

Reactions: 9 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Why?
It's not like he is hot property.
Couldve waited to see how he went this year before recommitting
Have you watched any of his footy?, (and I don't mean his debut AFL game), It is obvious why we would want to show faith and lock him in IMO.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Why?
It's not like he is hot property.
Couldve waited to see how he went this year before recommitting
To counteract the reasons why we lost CCJ. Other clubs are always on the lookout for young talls who haven’t played much. Exactly the right thing to do imo.

Comparing him at the same stage to CCJ is interesting. CCJ was (and is) a better mark than Samson but I reckon Samson has him for agility and ability at ground level. He is a better kick than CCJ as well.

Reactions: 5 users