Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Considering the conditions should’ve made late change bring in Miller

Reactions: 3 users
Sampson into the ruck sparked us. We couldn't buy a clearance until then. Competed well in the forward line when Lynchy was off too. I'm excited.
couldnt agree more.
undersized nankervis cant jump or direct a rare tapout.
sampo the main reason for our 8 consecutive.
heart of a lion nank but give our exy recruits a chance.

Reactions: 1 user
We have to persevere with Ryan. His raw numbers yesterday weren't that bad.
7 disposals, 10 HOs & a goal. Gets him another game. He influenced in the ruck.
This is our future.

Reactions: 8 users
We have to persevere with Ryan. His raw numbers yesterday weren't that bad.
7 disposals, 10 HOs & a goal. Gets him another game. He influenced in the ruck.
This is our future.
He doesn't like contact.
That's my biggest issue.
With his size, he should be putting his knee into defenders heads.
He plays nice

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
He doesn't like contact.
That's my biggest issue.
With his size, he should be putting his knee into defenders heads.
He plays nice
I don’t see that. I think he’s got a really cantankerous liver. He frowns a lot. Must play him - even in the wet. Has to learn with the big boys now.

Reactions: 1 users
I think Samson will be good in the dry, he has had bad luck that most of his games have been in the wet. My only concern, which may be unfounded, is he looked very slow defensively in space - doesn't appear to have the toe of say, Lynch. Perhaps he was knackered.

He is playing now in the hope he is in our best 22 in September.

The game did turn yesterday when he went into the ruck against Lobb halfway through the 2nd 1/4. (Tho that might say more about a 30yo Rory Lobb getting bullied by stringbean Samson.)

Was great in the ruck. Reasonable at marking contests but is seriously bad when the ball hits the ground. Blokes run around him like a witches hat

Was great in the ruck. Reasonable at marking contests but is seriously bad when the ball hits the ground. Blokes run around him like a witches hat
He is 206cm and still growing into his body. He is like a baby giraffe. Give him time.

He is playing now in the hope he is in our best 22 in September.

The game did turn yesterday when he went into the ruck against Lobb halfway through the 2nd 1/4. (Tho that might say more about a 30yo Rory Lobb getting bullied by stringbean Samson.)
Lobb is the most overrated player in football. Looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane.

Reactions: 1 user
Just as a comparison basis. What was that tall skinny woofers pelican like in his first few senior seasons??? That Tim English bloke.

Samsung has had to cope with some horror show weather conditions in 3 of his first 4 games at senior level, in those sort of situations all I want to see him do is compete as hard as he can n simply try n create contests. Which is what he is doing.
Still got a positive long term view on Samsung, bitching n moaning about him on a week to week basis is purely a waste of limited brain power n energy at this stage of his career. He's simply a player we urgently need to get another two or three years n 50 games into before he reaches his potential.

Reactions: 4 users
watched the 2nd Q again and took note of Sampsons ruck work. As on first viewing, it was good. Obviously talls take time and he has to stay in games for longer, but I'm happy with how he's developing. Was very happy with his energy and smarts in the period when he went into the ruck and got it going our way, mixed it up nicely and competes.

1. Ball up HBF, big leap over Naughton and big tap straight to Sonsie, who gets tackled
2. Ball up HBF, pushes Naughton out of the contest to take possession, kicks into corridor, sonsie/ mansell/ Cumbo goal!
3. Centre bounce, beats English in a classic ruck contest, taps down TT's throat, results in Clarke goal.
4. Centre Bounce, stays down v English, takes possession, HB to Shai, deep fwd entry.

Good signs, just got to do it a bit more, which is perfectly normal for a 4 game 6 foot 8 22 yo.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
watched the 2nd Q again and took note of Sampsons ruck work. As on first viewing, it was good. Obviously talls take time and he has to stay in games for longer, but I'm happy with how he's developing. Was very happy with his energy and smarts in the period when he went into the ruck and got it going our way, mixed it up nicely and competes.

1. Ball up HBF, big leap over Naughton and big tap straight to Sonsie, who gets tackled
2. Ball up HBF, pushes Naughton out of the contest to take possession, kicks into corridor, sonsie/ mansell/ Cumbo goal!
3. Centre bounce, beats English in a classic ruck contest, taps down TT's throat, results in Clarke goal.
4. Centre Bounce, stays down v English, takes possession, HB to Shai, deep fwd entry.

Good signs, just got to do it a bit more, which is perfectly normal for a 4 game 6 foot 8 22 yo.
Beaut post, Snakey. You did the wok for us.