Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

A quick search suggests Connor McFadyen in 2018- he was taken the pick before we got Jack Ross, so i assume we bid on him. never played a game.

and just like 2015, we are very lucky they matched, or we wouldnt have Jack Ross (or DRioli)
So that wasn't the one I was thinking of, which was Liam Dawson way back in '14. So that is yet another.

"The Lions will use their fourth, fifth and final round selection at next month’s National Draft on Dawson, Andrews and Clayton after Richmond and North Melbourne bid their second round draft – Pick No.31 and Pick No.40 respectively – for Dawson and Andrews."

Dawson, hipwood, McFadyen - unsuccessful bid
Chol, Martyn, Cumberland - Successful bid
Ryan - ex bris academy draftee

7 is big

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yep!

Dan Rioli was a boarder at St Patricks in Ballarat .............. and Cyril is a Scotch Collegian!

What an imbecilic comment to make this a class (school background) issue :(
Fair - my comment wasn't really called for (or relevant) and I've since stated as such elsewhere in this thread.

Reactions: 3 users
All the talk about Sam De Koning at Carlton, getting whatever it is $600k-$800k depending on which reports you read.

I reckon Ryan is already better than him. No idea how the Blues players get rated so highly, but stoked that Samson is under the radar a bit.

I reckon we'll extend him before the end of this season.
Extend him? Isn’t he already tall enough?

Let’s extend Baker a bit. He’ll be a superstar!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
As well as the physical work he needs to do over summer, he has to overhead mark 200 balls a week. He’s not a great overhead mark. That’s partly strength but also technical.

Didn't compete tonight. Had a height advantage all night. Didn't show up.

Reactions: 1 users
Really struggled to compete both in the ruck and around the ground. Draper and Phillips pushed him around far too easily. Still a work in progress and needs to put on weight to match it consistently with the big boys.

Let’s see how bad he wants it. Was seriously poor tonight - needed to compete far harder in marking contests than that.

Fair enough he’s young but needs lots of body work and marking development. As others have said, flew one armed or not at all at times. At least put both arms up son!!

Didn't compete tonight. Had a height advantage all night. Didn't show up.
I thought it was a pi55 poor effort tonight, can't bend over to pick up the ball. IMO Miller would of been a better option in the sense that he could of gone down back and allowed Balta to play ruck and compete at centre half forward where we broke down badly.

Kid played lucky 10 games he will get better wasn't the reason we lost his been shouldering the ruck most of the year get stuck into our 3 time premiership players who continually let us down this year .Him and Miller are the best combination was the wrong move to bring Nank straight in.