Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Really struggled to compete both in the ruck and around the ground. Draper and Phillips pushed him around far too easily. Still a work in progress and needs to put on weight to match it consistently with the big boys.
Take him out and put him.on a 4 month weights program?

Reactions: 1 user
Gotta get games into Ryan ... and we have to learn to take the good with the bad in the morning short-term. Will be a very good player.

Was ordinary tonight, I also noticed he was getting blocked off the ball quite a bit too. Is young and still developing, will have games like this, still have every confidence he will be a great player.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
Was living on media street during the week.
Happens to all budding stars. Easy to distract them.
He’ll be better for getting through it.
He’ll need to

Needs to keep his feet. Has no aerial presence for a big man. Looks like how Kirk tippet played. Looks like Jane, plays like Jane.

Unfortunately neither does nank anymore. No point dropping behind the ball as a ruckman if u ain’t gonna mark it

Last two weeks he's had near 30 odd HOs playing predominantly ruck. Last night only 5 & struggled when sent forward to accommodate Nank's return..

None of it worked.

I reckon this season is catching up with him now - they targeted him tonight.
I think he may benefit from a spell. He's pretty immature physically, and has copped few biggish hits, and playing 8 games in a row at fairly high intensity, may be finding him out.
At least we have Miller to cover, if he does need a week off.

I think he may benefit from a spell. He's pretty immature physically, and has copped few biggish hits, and playing 8 games in a row at fairly high intensity, may be finding him out.
At least we have Miller to cover, if he does need a week off.
Agree with this.

will be up and down for samson for another year or two as he develops

Reactions: 2 users
Didn’t have a great game, however continues to get to more contests and competes well, simply just to light against the beasts at this stage

It’s not gunna be a linear rise for Sam. But nothing surer after getting on media street was a fall coming.

Like most of his team mates he had a poor game but unlike some of his mates I’m not as worried about his performance. He’ll have games like that as a developing player. Many of the others don’t have that “developing” factor to fall back on.

He’s going to have games like that as he develops, but he was pushed around yesterday.
Has to address his body strength. He’s listed as 103kg but Draper is listed at 105 and Gawn at 110. Not a huge weight difference but massive difference in body strength. Lot of work ahead.

He’s ok at Centre bounces as agility can work, but no surprise in the Melbourne game (second half) and last night, opposition ruckman tried to body him at every possible opportunity. He’s was ok but will need to get stronger to compete.

His marking is the biggest concern to me. Doesn’t commit, flies half hearted too often (including not putting both arms up a couple of times) and seems more worried about opponents than the ball. The mark he dropped in the goal square (that was incorrectly paid) was a case in point - should be taking those. Repetition practice is the only answer - 100 marks a day over summer if he wants to improve it.