Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Yeah, he might be tracking ok but @Scoop seems closer to the mark at the moment than the Ryan disciples.
He does show promise and has had some good games but he can't be putting in performances like that first half. It was unacceptable.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, he might be tracking ok but @Scoop seems closer to the mark at the moment than the Ryan disciples.
I’ve always said he is tracking ok. That doesn’t mean he is a certainty to make it.

And certainly not a better ruck prospect than Tim English like has been claimed.

Shocking performance tonight. Soft. A non event in the air and in the ruck. One handed marking attempts. Didn't even jump at centre bounces. No effort at all.

Wouldn't want too many more games like that. Unacceptable don't care how young he is. Effort and intensity have no age or experience limitations.

Reactions: 3 users
No doubt he has ability . But he does some of the most stupid things you will ever see on the footy field . Last night he was elite at stupidity

I still thought we looked better in the centre bounce when he rucked. Granted he gets pushed off the ball too easily around the ground, but at least he has the height to compete.

Sorting out ruck is one of our major issues because Nank is routinely monstered by bigger rucks these days - doesn’t help clearance issue.

I still thought we looked better in the centre bounce when he rucked. Granted he gets pushed off the ball too easily around the ground, but at least he has the height to compete.

Sorting out ruck is one of our major issues because Nank is routinely monstered by bigger rucks these days - doesn’t help clearance issue.
He got about 3 minutes in the Ruck. Despite having zero influence up forward.

What did we have to lose giving him a run against the big O?

His tap work is ok, at least he can get his hand to the ball. Made no sense.

Played 10 games what about Nank effort then.
At least if Nank doesn't win the ball he makes every effort to hurt the opposition. Ryan if he doesn't mark the ball CAN'T do anything else, can't bend over to pick up the ball., can't tackle, can't do anything. Just remember this is the player that didn't receive a stat in his first game. For all the people that think he will make it, I'm sorry but IMHO he won't. I stand to be corrected in the end and put my hand up and say I WAS WRONG, but i don't think it will happen.

I’ve always said he is tracking ok. That doesn’t mean he is a certainty to make it.

And certainly not a better ruck prospect than Tim English like has been claimed.
So what you're saying is that he is talented enough, but the Dunces of Doom are putting the kibosh on him.

I agree with your assessment. Be gone Dunces of Doom .....free our young and promising Sampson !

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
No doubt he has ability . But he does some of the most stupid things you will ever see on the footy field . Last night he was elite at stupidity
He tends to remind me of Ty Vickery at times. Has all the traits, can be good, bad, indifferent and lazy all in a quarter

• Wow
He tends to remind me of Ty Vickery at times. Has all the traits, can be good, bad, indifferent and lazy all in a quarter
I hope not but from my perspective it's ruck or bust, I doubt very much he'll be a permanent forward.

Reactions: 2 users
Probably merit in some of the points raised on either side of the arguments (listed above) - but before getting too attached to any of them …….
….. the kid has played not many more than a dozen games of AFL level footy

Just give him time

Reactions: 3 users