Scariest scene | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Scariest scene

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
I've had a few good scares in my time - used to love the horror stuff when I was a kid. Now I haven't got the stomach.

Was an absolute nut for anything with Vincent Price, Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. But even then they were pretty tame.

Biggest scares I got were: from a 1960's B+W version of The Haunting - where the play of shadows on just about any surface was turned to terrifying effect; from the Zuni Doll short horror film where an African doll came to life and chased a woman around her apartment; from - as already mentioned - the bike down the corridor scene in The Shining - the sound of the wheels over the carpet runners built the suspense like nothing else and; from the basement scene in The Silence of the Lambs (I was alone and completely stoned for one of the few times in my life when I saw the movie - cannot tell you how sacred I was).

Last scary film I ever saw was The Blair Witch Project. That was enough for me.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Not sure of the movie, scene is near the beginning. Bloke is lying injured in long grass in the jungle. Sound of something approaching slowly, grass parts, gigantic crocodile's head appears. Nearly made my heart stop as a kid.

Watched every horror movie available as a teenager, the gorier the better. Can't watch them alone any more - tried The Descent recently but switched it off when it started getting spooky.

An American Werewolf In London had its moments. Saw it at the cinema as a 12yo and wanted to leave. Nightmares for weeks.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Pennywise the clown on the film 'It' was quite scary I must admit.

it-clown.jpg

Barbieup

Tiger Cub
Nov 13, 2021
Not sure of the movie, scene is near the beginning. Bloke is lying injured in long grass in the jungle. Sound of something approaching slowly, grass parts, gigantic crocodile's head appears. Nearly made my heart stop as a kid.

Watched every horror movie available as a teenager, the gorier the better. Can't watch them alone any more - tried The Descent recently but switched it off when it started getting spooky.

An American Werewolf In London had its moments. Saw it at the cinema as a 12yo and wanted to leave. Nightmares for weeks.
I'm replying to this, hoping someone sees it. Going through Ron's post and he bought a Spanish version of American Werewolf in Paris on BluRay. Un Hombre Lobo Americano en Paris !

We didn't see the London one at the movies but our mother did take us to The Shining, Jaws 2 and The Day of the Animals.

When VHS came out most of the first movies available were horror ones, we saw Scanners, The Thing, Friday 13th, and Anerican Werewolf in London.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I'm replying to this, hoping someone sees it. Going through Ron's post and he bought a Spanish version of American Werewolf in Paris on BluRay. Un Hombre Lobo Americano en Paris !

We didn't see the London one at the movies but our mother did take us to The Shining, Jaws 2 and The Day of the Animals.

When VHS came out most of the first movies available were horror ones, we saw Scanners, The Thing, Friday 13th, and Anerican Werewolf in London.
Can't say I know the movie Ron was referring to, sorry.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Hiya Barb

It sounds a bit like Lake Placid, but that's at 1999 movie and it's in a lake, not jungle. So maybe not it.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Blair Witch project.

And Reece Conca at pick 6.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart

There was a film called "Alligator" around that time. Released in about 1980, so the start of VHS.