Season Over and Now Time for the Sackings | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Season Over and Now Time for the Sackings

R

rampagingtiger

Well theyve promised to be aggressive, theyve promised to turn them over, lets see if they actually have the balls to do what theyve said and cut a swathe through the group that today couldnt even beat a team who missed the finals, in the week when a legend died. Some of these people have no pride. Its time to let loose and chuck about 10 to 12 of these bludgers out. Why should we continue to put our hard earned into a place just to see it wasted on blokes who arent up to it.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
No 1 to go without a doubt - M Rogers. Complete hack that should of retired 3 seasons ago.

No 2 Pettifer - dont know what Greg Beck saw in this dud. One word sums him up - *smile* !

No 3 The only person ever to play AFL and not be able to kick - C King.

No 4 Hollihan Thought his 5 goal effort may of save him, think again, player a shocker today.

No 5 Biddiscombe , Geelong knew his was hopeless, why cant Richmond. Another wanna be.

No 6 Vardy. *smile* pot. Has been given 4 years and only a hand full of appearances and been completely useless.

They are the main one that MUST go. 6 players that should be guilty accepting money from the club

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
I am extremely disapointed in HJolihan after todays effort, had the chance to put richmond forward late in the game, when all we needed was a goal, and kicked it straight to a Hawthon player, frustrating richo. That was probably the main chance that went begging!!

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Future Tiger Champ said:
I am extremely disapointed in HJolihan after todays effort, had the chance to put richmond forward late in the game, when all we needed was a goal, and kicked it straight to a Hawthon player, frustrating richo. That was probably the main chance that went begging!!

That was bad, but he was involved in another incident that was embarrassing - particularly considering the reason this game was important to the yellow and black.

The incident took place on our half forward line, last term when he had a bigger opponent come over the top of him and mark - fair enough!

But after negligable contact, the ball is live for another 30 seconds, and there is Houlihan lying on the ground like an extra in Saving Private Ryan.

Finally, he gets up and jogs off!

I hate players staying down unless they are really hurt. It just looks soft and weak not to mention leaving us short a player for NO REASON! He should look at the contact the Kellaway boys cop without flinching.

Houlihan, you are embarrassing.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Yes, and how far down were we when Hooligan executed (deliberate choice of word) that pass to a Hawk - was it 4 behinds or 10?
No excuse for that shocking kick!

Ruthless Tigers ?

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2003
DO you honestly think there will be mass sackings

There is nobody at the club who has the balls to sack players....and with our trade record we will only pick up more *smile*!

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
And it wasn't just Hooligan's attitude. I found it very annoying to see the body language of some of the players after the final siren. Richo was distressed at the result. So, I think were Ottens & Chaffey, but when I saw some players walking around as though there was another quarter to play...and there were actually smiles on one or two faces - that's not passion! Have a look at that final scene if it gets replayed. I'd delist a player who smiled and joked with the opposition after getting beaten, Dyer would say that was the equivalent of sleeping with the enemy

alleycat

I'm a llama!
Aug 9, 2003
Frankston
im pissed off looking forward to next year when we finish 9 th
but we are on the right track. as the club would let us beleive. what a load of crap. we need to stand up as a core and let the club know what we think ill put my hand up. ill be the first. 20 years ive put up with this crap ive brainwashed my daughter into being a tiger......... for what?? tell me?? iove had enough of the heart ache........ill give up on afl all together. unles some one can give me a reason why? i went to jacks funeral and to punt road, im growing weary. i can say every pre season this is our year but it never happens? why? becouse it never willl, ive had enough of the heart ache and the ridicule from the opposition.... tigers i love you but i just cant justiify supporting you......... danny you suk

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Add Kellaway (D) to that list....he is a pathetic dud with poor skills........I would also trade Tivendale had a good year price would be up....to many mistakes when kicking out

vladz

Take us forward!
Jul 20, 2003
Canterbury
TIVVA?????? Are you nuts, he was one of our most consistant players. Don't trade him! About Duncs, wasn't there meant to be a press conference announcing his retirement?

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Pettifer would be first on my list to go, and King can hold his hand on the way out.....

The last few losses didnt hurt - didnt feel a thing. This one did, this one hurt badly. I really thought we had a shot. Some of the turn overs were shocking to watch.

Im sick of seeing a player grab the ball and kick it with out thinking. :mad:

Bring on season 2004 :-\

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Laff said:
Add Kellaway (D) to that list....he is a pathetic dud with poor skills........I would also trade Tivendale had a good year price would be up....to many mistakes when kicking out

Couldnt agree with you more about Tivendales kicking in. He should be banned from kicking the ball in. However, I don't think there's too many that can kick it in. Bring back Cameron. He was the best at the kick ins.

toiletlolly

everythings pretty special
Aug 24, 2003
Qld
i reckon your nuts laff Tivva had a great year and hell do well in Jack dyer polling id put him third behind johnson

Give Clinton King the flick he must give Danny good gobbies cause thats the only reason hed be picked

Biddiscombe is a dud and houlihan had 2 good games in 22 not good enough

Richmond would want a bit more from the rodent and the krack next year they show a bit then they go missing

Rogers needs to be put down loyal servant of the club but there is no room for his zimmerframe in the locker rooms anymore

Duncan Kellaway probably be ok if he wasnt so prone to injuries

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Again Laffs, you are a breath of fresh air. Tivva has one good year out of four, coinsidently at contract renewal time, and he is lauded by the ferals as the great white hope!
He is expendable, a dime a dozen receiver and if a correct trade can be made, the club would be crazy not to move.
He wouldnt be missed, in fact I would be lucky to count even five who would even remotely fit that category!!!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
No 3 The only person ever to play AFL and not be able to kick - C King.

You obviously haven't been watching Duncan Kellway for the last 10 years! King kicks like Nathna Buckley compared to Duncan. Just proves how many crap players we have.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
We'd hardly have a complete player in the team.

Duncan mightn't be the best kick, but he's the top tackler and tagger. He had 7 tackles yesterday, and with Dunc they usually stay tackled. Mitchell is the leading posession getter, but hardly got a touch with Dunc on him. People say Dunc is too slow, but even with limited fitness and game time this year, he stayed right up with Mitchell yesterday.

A football team needs a variety of different players.

There are guys in the team who don't add much to the defensive aspect, but they have other positives.

Clangers yesterday were terrible, and not only comitted by the Dunc's of the team.

Ottens-7
Richardson-6
Johnson-5
Tivendale-5
Krakouer-5
Chaffey-4
Coughlan-3
D. Kellaway-2

PMac

This sure beats workin'
Dec 17, 2002
Sydney
I'm a little surprised that in a thread dedicated to nominating players to face the axe, we've all been so polite with at most 5 players being put up, I'm for being a bit more brutal so heres my list:

D Kellaway.
Rogers.

Sorry Dunc's you've been a great servant etc but frankly you dont bring anything unique to the club anymore and I shudder when you've got the ball in your hand. Same applies to Rogers.

Mills.
Hyde.

Put you guys together. Its possible you've been ruined by poor coaching, but I doubt it. You both can play, but not at this level so you've got to go.

Pettifer
Hilton
Houlihan.

This three is are the greatest disappointment as they could have made it, if only they could get a heart transplant. D Kellaway with the natural ability of any of these three would have been a force in the league but as it is all three are wastes of space.

Bidderscomb
Vardy
King

These three are decent fringe players, triers and professional emergencies that could be useful for a team at the top to retain to cover the odd injury, but for a team rebuilding they just get in the way.

Adding Cameron (who might have squeezed one more year out if he didnt retire) this represents 11 players - a third of the playing group and a decent start for a rebuilding process.

Note - On top of this I'd certainly consider trading anyone but Ottens (and perhaps even him) for the right deal.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Can't argue with your list Pmac but they all rate as delist players you couldn't trade jack *smile* for them. that leaves us with about 24 players out of a possible 38 ? and thats without trading anyone. How the hell do you find about 14 players in one draft year? Picks number 1/2 skip a few 99 a hundred!!

P

PuntRoadRoar

i'd like to see richmond trade and de-list some so called "big name" players......i wonder what dudley and Co. consider "big name"

believe it when i see it..........