Selected Team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Selected Team

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Backs: J. Blumfield T. Zantuck C. Newman
Half Backs: M. Chaffey A. Kellaway L. Cameron
Centre: G. Tivendale M. Coughlan J. Bowden
Half Forwards: B. Nicholls B. Holland M. Richardson
Forwards: A. Krakouer M. McGrath D. Rodan
Followers: B. Ottens, K. Johnson, D. Kellaway
Interchange: T. Fleming, A. Fiora, C. King, J. Schulz
Emergency: M. Rogers, M. Dragicevic, C. Hyde

Unchanged

Can someone enlighten me as to why King, Fiona, Nicholls and Fleming were all picked ahead of Dragga?

I didnt htink fiora was too bad last week, and Fleming although not eal talented has done enough every week and pout in enough good perofrmances recently to keep his spot.

King and Nicholls though should have given way for Draga.

Subi and Docklands have become infamous for the hardness of their surface (plus injuries). Looks like the club is avoiding playing dragga at these grounds. It'll be interesting to see if he comes back into the side in round 20 against the bombers - our next match at the 'G.

The only player I would have dropped was King as he has been around for years and clearlt is gone.

Fleming is great value in that he does all the really hard stuff and never gives up all night. He is also great pest!!

Fiora was better last week over previous weeks, and deserves his spot. One point was he had 3 inside 50's all which resulted in goals..not bad. He does however need to have a big one against Freo.

Nicholls needs to be given a go to see if he can cut it. I reckon he is not a bad player, but he needs some time to settle in.

As for Draga, in his last game against the Pies, one of the commentators said something which gave me de ja vu of John Rombotis. He said "Dragacevic has really struggled with the pace tonight" In 1999 Bruce said "Ohh, Rombotis has really struggled with the pace tonight" after he handballed over his head in blind panic. No Draga is gone unfortunately.

Bit harsh to say Draga is gone after a few matches in his first season back after two off from knee reconstructions. Think it would be unfair to delist him when i thought he showed a lot before his injuries and hasnt realyl had the benefit of full proper preseason this year. Give hima preseason and another season to show what he has got. To write him off now, when there are many worse players around he hasnt played for a few years is realyl harsh IMO.

Expect to see a bold showing from Blummers on the weekend. Whilst I thought he was finding his feet last week I think he's due for a cracker. I was a liitle surprised that King was still in the team. If they are holding Dragga back because of the surface then they're kidding themselves. What are they waiting for?? A rainy day at marshmallow oval??

you gotta realise that dragga's been off for over 2 years. give him a chance to settle in. plus he's still young.

but what were they thinking when they named king???

TigerFurious said:
Can someone enlighten me as to why King, Fiona, Nicholls and Fleming were all picked ahead of Dragga?

To give us something to talk about ::)

TigerFurious said:
if you did your research you would know that subi like docklands is hard on knees.

If he is not up to playing at Docklands and Subiaco clear his locker out immediately. Is the club a charity case? Whats the point of having a player who cant play on hard grounds? He would be no good in september would he. Time to Capuano Dragga. Not good enough!

I'm happy with an unchanched line-up. Fiora was OK, Nicholls deserves another opportunity, and King didn't have much ground time but did nothing to deserve to be dropped. I think we need to reward a winning mix and get some confidence amounst the group.

Did Dragga do anything last week to deserve a call up? Yes, give some time, but bring him in when he has earnt it. He didn't show a lot in his last stand a senior level.

It's a bonus that Dragga and Otto are able to get games under their belt at all this year given earlier on in the year it looked unlikely either would play. I'd reckon the club will give dragga a full pre-season to strengthen his knee further so he can play on the harder surfaces with total confidence next year.